Author Topic: Trail Blazer  (Read 32339 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #75 on: February 25, 2015, 10:09:59 pm
Yes, that looks terrific!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

da punds

• Fireball 25
  • Bulleteer
  • One of Britain's most northerly Bullet fans
Reply #76 on: March 07, 2015, 05:47:50 pm
Hi thought I should give an update, the pushrods now clear the tunnels, and as soon as the new push rod arrives I can finish putting the heads on. I haven't done much lately as work has got in the way, but I did get a very exciting parcel today, this will eventually end up on my long stroke clipper, after a trip to Wales to get a squish band. I should add I had been toying with the idea for a while, and when I heard they were nearly all gone I had to get one.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:50:03 pm by da punds »
56 Trailblazer Gemini, Super Fireball BigHead, 59 Clipper 570, 39 Model CO + others(BMW, GasGas, Yamaha, Suzuki (rare GSXR-750R)), Mk1a Interceptor project.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: March 11, 2015, 10:34:20 am
If you are wondering why the pushrods have not been shipped yet, it's because they arrived here with the wrong ends on them and we are waiting for the new replacements with the right ends.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #78 on: March 20, 2015, 06:32:17 pm
Pushrods came in today, verified as right, and shipped out to you immediately. They are on the way.
 :)

da punds

• Fireball 25
  • Bulleteer
Reply #79 on: March 20, 2015, 08:19:57 pm
Thanks Ace,
I have been doing lots of little bits on the bike, I redid the rear mudguard mount using a 57/58 sub frame, it wasn't rigid enough before. I have hit a minor snag with the carbs, the inlet manifolds you had are too close together to allow me to use Mikuni's. The original twin carb manifolds turn out to give clearance between the carbs, I managed to get a set of these, (from a Bercley car), but there is not enough room between the airbox and manifold to fit a carb into. Initially I will just use a single carb, and try and source a later twin carb airbox. I need the airbox to hide all the electrics and battery, and to mount the keyless ignition sensor, there isn't enough room left in the headlight.
On a side note I am looking forward to see what difference a squish band will make, I couldn't resist getting the last Hitchcocks big head, and although my Clipper doesn't suffer from detonation (Long stroke crank), I am looking forward to running without octane boosters and a bit more advance. Eventually I suspect this head will find its way to you for some tweaking, but it will be nice to contrast the 2 bullets, both with Big heads, one 535 and the other 570. I will keep you posted on developments.
56 Trailblazer Gemini, Super Fireball BigHead, 59 Clipper 570, 39 Model CO + others(BMW, GasGas, Yamaha, Suzuki (rare GSXR-750R)), Mk1a Interceptor project.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #80 on: March 20, 2015, 08:28:24 pm
Thanks Ace,
I have been doing lots of little bits on the bike, I redid the rear mudguard mount using a 57/58 sub frame, it wasn't rigid enough before. I have hit a minor snag with the carbs, the inlet manifolds you had are too close together to allow me to use Mikuni's. The original twin carb manifolds turn out to give clearance between the carbs, I managed to get a set of these, (from a Bercley car), but there is not enough room between the airbox and manifold to fit a carb into. Initially I will just use a single carb, and try and source a later twin carb airbox. I need the airbox to hide all the electrics and battery, and to mount the keyless ignition sensor, there isn't enough room left in the headlight.
On a side note I am looking forward to see what difference a squish band will make, I couldn't resist getting the last Hitchcocks big head, and although my Clipper doesn't suffer from detonation (Long stroke crank), I am looking forward to running without octane boosters and a bit more advance. Eventually I suspect this head will find its way to you for some tweaking, but it will be nice to contrast the 2 bullets, both with Big heads, one 535 and the other 570. I will keep you posted on developments.

What piston are you going to use with that chamber?

da punds

• Fireball 25
  • Bulleteer
Reply #81 on: March 20, 2015, 08:33:19 pm
Hitchcocks forged low comp, the idea is that without spacers it is equivalent to shortening that barrel by 2mm, which BW normally does with this mod.
I found this link to a youtube video from BW showing the mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwl6jlwt5-g
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:47:59 pm by da punds »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #82 on: March 20, 2015, 09:03:21 pm
With the small chamber, a very low crown would be nice for the street. Maybe about 9.5:1 might work well, depending on the cam timing.

It looks nice, and the video was fun to watch.
Thanks.

da punds

• Fireball 25
  • Bulleteer
Reply #83 on: March 29, 2015, 01:11:53 pm
Some new pictures.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #84 on: March 29, 2015, 02:24:38 pm
Very nice, can't wait to see the finished.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

da punds

• Fireball 25
  • Bulleteer
Reply #85 on: May 09, 2015, 07:02:14 pm
Hi
still a long way to go but here is a small video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOGfQDuBidA&feature=youtu.be

it lives.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #86 on: May 09, 2015, 08:34:42 pm
Sweet!  Can't wait to hear/see it fully assembled and tuned!     :D
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #87 on: May 10, 2015, 12:07:25 am
Nice, Kevin!
Great to see it come together.
Looks really nice, too!

da punds

• Fireball 25
  • Bulleteer
Reply #88 on: May 17, 2015, 11:09:26 am
Finally got it out of the shed, but the weather isn't so good, just had a snow shower, so no test ride this morning. The short time I played around the house it seemed fine, I have a bit of work to do on the carb to get that dialled in, and I have an oil leak from the exhaust cam seal by the primary side. But I will trip and get it off for an MOT this week, (first stage of registering the bike in the UK). Here are some pictures before the weather deteriorated.
Kevin

da punds

• Fireball 25
  • Bulleteer
Reply #89 on: May 17, 2015, 11:11:27 am
One more pic of the timing side