Author Topic: loaded up for the 3800km trip.  (Read 3133 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 04:16:35 am
i recall years back many a trip through mulga creek/byrock and what a hole of a place!....lol but saying that it is a  very good road though.
weather out that way should be good and 20 plus degrees c just avoid the night rides.....roos are always about and plentiful.
very good goat shooting country too or it used to be. once you hit bourke ferral pig country.
bourke will be interesting too. always was and will be. plenty of excitement in that town. had my first encounter with a knife in that part of the country and lucky to get out of it.
last time i rode a bike through bourke was on a long week end trip from orange to cunnamulla qld way back on a suzuki 750gt
out near nyngan i unfortunately got hit in the chest by a lone galah (feathered type) whilst cruising at 120kph and that put me parked on the side of the road in a bent over winded postion for quite some time...lol
anyway its 2014 now and times have changed and good for yu to experience the ' out back of bourke' so enjoy the run!

Well Graham, when i read this i thought to myself "ill be right, nothing will happen to me out in the wild west", but i came close myself!
My friend and i went to join a bike club on a run up to bourke etc, meeting at sealake near swan hill. Its a bunch of old farts that like to ride, not a bikie gang. To cut a long story short it was really badaly organised and the town we were at and the pub was run by some pretty shady characters who were all off their heads on meth and speed. I nearly got punched by a fiend girl who thought i was her boyfriend(once she found him she was punching him!) then shortly after this incident i found myself right in front of someone being attacked in his seat - by his friend! Problem was, his friend was off his head and was just punching him hard. After initial hesitation, i pulled him off, only to be attacked by his fiend mate. Luckily i got out of harms way, but unfortunately the guy fiend 1 punched was KO'd and had to go to hospital.
The 2 fiends then stood across from me because they saw me as the enemy for pulling him off. I said nothing cause if i did,i would have been fighting for my life. Crazy thing about these cats is they thought they were tough, but their actions were cowardly. Rick and i decided to go on our own run to the grampians national park. Didnt want to risk being dragged about small dodgy towns in nsw after that one!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:59:58 am by Sectorsteve »

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 05:06:15 am
another

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 05:06:57 am
upside down...

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 10:23:28 am
reminds me a bit of trouble i once had in wilcannia nsw - pretty wild place that one...lol i'd say far worse than bourke!

Dazzler

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 11:05:50 am
Yo SS

That shot of you doing a selfie with the loaded Enfield backed by the great vastness is a beauty!  Authenticity to the max.  Congrats.

Das

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 12:19:43 pm
where's that self portraite taken - redcliffe or redfern ::)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 10:04:40 pm
where's that self portraite taken - redcliffe or redfern ::)

thats somewhere between moulamein and delinquin

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 01:39:59 am
looking at that part of the country - i would not like to be stranded there in mid summer.....i'd say the heat would kill you!