Author Topic: Electra vs. Standard Bullet  (Read 33255 times)

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 05:46:02 am
    Hello Proff_stack. We seem to keep running into each other.I am also a RE Bullet fan.You must be reffering to Vinces in Olympia? I want to go test ride a Bullet but its going to be tough as I have Sundays and Mondays off. Theres a very cool video on youtube.com of a guy with a great looking blue Classic Bullet talking about it and then gong on a ride.Don't watch it because if you do you may run out and buy one.
    It would be really interesting if I got a Bullet and rode it to work at the HD/Buell dealership I work at.Wish there were a few more dealers around and they were opened more days.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 12:59:25 pm
   Theres a very cool video on youtube.com of a guy with a great looking blue Classic Bullet talking about it and then gong on a ride.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA

That blue Classic to which you are referring was recently for sale.  Don't know if it still is or not, you can check on Yahoo Groups "royalenfield" for information.

Regards,
Leonard
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

prof_stack

Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 04:16:04 pm
    Hello Prof_Stack. We seem to keep running into each other.  I am also a RE Bullet fan.  You must be reffering to Vinces in Olympia?  I want to go test ride a Bullet but its going to be tough as I have Sundays and Mondays off. Theres a very cool video on youtube.com of a guy with a great looking blue Classic Bullet talking about it and then gong on a ride.  Don't watch it because if you do you may run out and buy one.
    It would be really interesting if I got a Bullet and rode it to work at the HD/Buell dealership I work at.  Wish there were a few more dealers around and they were opened more days.
    Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA
Hey Jon, yeah Vince is the man.  Trouble is, I don't have a trailer or pickup to haul a new RE home.  Concerning the Suzuki GZ250, I test rode it and came away only mildly enthused.  It makes perfect rational sense that the GZ is as fast and more reliable than the RE.  But that won't get me to buy the GZ.  My next bike will be a single-cylinder, though.  Which HD/Buell shop do you work at?  DHD?  Dest/Tac?

I've seen the YouTube video.  Cool stuff.  I think the owner got tired of having to fix it, but I could have misread the Yahoo RE group page.

Yesterday I talked to the RE shop up in Burlington.  All they have left is an '06 Electra which "normally sells for $5995, but we're blowing it out at $4995, and no I don't know what a sprag gear is."  Yeah, for sure.

I'm planning to head to the RE shop Tuesday and test ride a Classic and an Electra.  Then I'll make some decisions.  Vince might be willing to deliver.  We'll see...

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 05:54:50 pm
I just priced a new Electra from my dealer here in MI and it was $5200 plus tax,title and setup. He also has a 2006 left for $4995.   Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

justin_o_guy

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 12:23:51 am
I knbow Ive seen something about a "Bike in your driveway" program. I have no idea what it means or what it costs.

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 04:30:17 am
[Jon, yeah Vince is the man.  Trouble is, I don't have a trailer or pickup to haul a new RE home.  Concerning the Suzuki GZ250, I test rode it and came away only mildly enthused.  It makes perfect rational sense that the GZ is as fast and more reliable than the RE.  But that won't get me to buy the GZ.  My next bike will be a single-cylinder, though.  Which HD/Buell shop do you work at?  DHD?  Dest/Tac?

I've seen the YouTube video.  Cool stuff.  I think the owner got tired of having to fix it, but I could have misread the Yahoo RE group page.

Yesterday I talked to the RE shop up in Burlington.  All they have left is an '06 Electra which "normally sells for $5995, but we're blowing it out at $4995, and no I don't know what a sprag gear is."  Yeah, for sure.

I'm planning to head to the RE shop Tuesday and test ride a Classic and an Electra.  Then I'll make some decisions.  Vince might be willing to deliver.  We'll see...
[/quote]

I work at Destination HD/Buell in Tacoma. Please writeup your thoughts on the test rides here.I'd love to hear your opinion. Let us know what models Vince has in stock too.

Thanks, Jon.
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 04:39:26 am
in my hot rodding days of autos I always broke them in pretty hard...to get the ring ridge higher.. stretch the rod..

I don't have 400 miles on my Electra yet.. but I have been up to ..speedometer wise.. we know its less ...65.... then just let the engine slow itself down...

It's getting smoother and more responsive already..

course i never got over 30000 miles out of an auto engine before it blew :P

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 11:26:52 am
I knbow Ive seen something about a "Bike in your driveway" program. I have no idea what it means or what it costs.

It is a delivery program.  CMW will get you with a dealer that will, for a fee, arrange to deliver you a motorcycle.  Haven't heard of too many that have done this, maybe someone with experience will speak up.
--Leonard

gapl53

Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 05:10:31 pm

It is a delivery program.  CMW will get you with a dealer that will, for a fee, arrange to deliver you a motorcycle.  Haven't heard of too many that have done this, maybe someone with experience will speak up.
--Leonard
That's how I purchased my first Enfield, over the phone with a credit card. The closest dealer to me is 2.5hrs away. Called CMW's to inquire about the program, they said to make the arrangements through the closest dealer. That dealer delivered it on the date, and at the time I requested. He was very prompt. The paper work came along with the delivery and we did the transaction in my garage. I was very pleased with how everthing went. The cost from that dealer was an extra $100.00 for the delivery. I though that the cost was reasonable, considering that with the transaction time, it took them 6hrs round trip at minimum.

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 09:42:51 pm
That's how I purchased my first Enfield, over the phone with a credit card. The closest dealer to me is 2.5hrs away. Called CMW's to inquire about the program, they said to make the arrangements through the closest dealer. That dealer delivered it on the date, and at the time I requested. He was very prompt. The paper work came along with the delivery and we did the transaction in my garage. I was very pleased with how everthing went. The cost from that dealer was an extra $100.00 for the delivery. I though that the cost was reasonable, considering that with the transaction time, it took them 6hrs round trip at minimum.

I went the same route except I drove the 265 miles to pick mine up at Ron's Cycle in Tulsa, OK, even hauled it back down there a couple of weeks later for a free 500 mile service.  The mech, who had a lot of Brit bike experience, let me watch and ask questions, very nice folks.
--Leonard

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 04:44:12 am
I wrote my dealer a check for $2800 for my RE Classic 500. It is a 2000 model and that was in 2001. It was new, that is the best $2800 I have ever spent.......Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

Land Surveyor

• Bulleteer
Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 01:25:30 am
RE: The EPA.  I understand that even Harley Davidson is going to fuel injection now.  I have further heard that air-cooled engines are on the way out as they have a harder time meeting the pollution specs than liquid-cooled engines.  I guess that explains why so many Japanese Harley copies have blacked-out radiators stashed between the down tubes.  The fins are just for show.

I think that's also why there are so few 2-strokes now.  Well, that plus the US market never really warmed up to them.

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 04:48:33 am
    True-as of 2007 all HDs are fuel injected.The Sportster line was the last hold out for the carb'd Harleys.

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 04:51:30 am
I just priced a new Electra from my dealer here in MI and it was $5200 plus tax,title and setup. He also has a 2006 left for $4995.   Hutch

paid 4800$ for my 2007 X

Sam

• Uralist & now, Bulleteer!
  • Bulleteer
Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 10:26:56 pm
    True-as of 2007 all HDs are fuel injected.The Sportster line was the last hold out for the carb'd Harleys.

jon

It's the '08 model year that, like cars, appears in mid '07, that's 100% injected, just to clarify. And I very much don't want one.
<Insert cryptic saying by obscure author here>