Author Topic: Good Things ? YES  (Read 4906 times)

Akat

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 02:20:20 am
What do I love? The ride home from work.  ;D
+1
A.

motorman2whel

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 05:07:24 am
It still has a Kick starter  ;D & When dry the front drum works better than a lot of vintage bike disc brakes !.

rep_movsd

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 08:36:03 pm
I love the fact that I can understand how it works to a large extent.

It represents a hold out from a more simpler manlier age where grease under the fingernails and carrying a toolbox was not thought of as annoying.

I love the fact that mine (and anyones) can be made quite unique just by mucking around.

DonK

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 03:35:11 pm
Being born and raised in Springfield Massachusetts, I've always wanted an Indian motorcycle. But the prices of a Springfield made Indian are out of my reach. What I like about my Enfield is, I learned they were the next in line to carry the Indian brand name after they closed the factory here. After a few years of owning the bike I found a 1959
Indian fire arrow for 100 dollars. It was in bad very shape and the only thing I could restore was the gas tank. I matched the color, put it on the bike and put the Indian timing cover badge on and voila, I have my Indian. Now when I'm asked "what year is it?" I tap my hand on the gas tank and say, 1959!

flyboy

• Bulleteer
  • Keepin the shiney side up
Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 08:21:12 pm
The best thing is while on a beautiful ride out, hearing a noise, vibration, or some other quirk, then hobbling it home to identify the problem. Quickly referencing all resources to remedy the issue. Make the repairs, take it back out, feeling of accomplishment since you've just fixed what was wrong...just to hear a 'new' problem.

It's a beautiful, viscious circle our Enfields live in!

devon john

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 04:35:54 pm
if you ever get the chance to ride the Himalayas on a enfield and see what they are capable of.
 you would like me understand and love these little bikes!!
i don't think a modern bike would be so versatile and economic and cheap!!

john
harley hydra glide FL (1950)
harley FLH 80
535 Royal Enfield bullet

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 04:43:32 pm
There are so many good things about these little bikes, I couldn't narrow it down.  The smile per mile ratio is the best of any bike I've ridden.   8)
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

Hondo

• Bulleteer
Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 04:24:52 am
I have one of those shiny chrome bikes from Milwaukee that I ride from time to time.  Every where I go people give it a quick look and they can tell you the make, model, and year because every one has one or has seen a hundred of them.  When I ride the bullet it's me and the wind thumping around the country until I stop.  Then I have to talk to the crowd and tell them the story.  I am my own man I don't try to be anyone other than me, neither does my bullet!