Author Topic: Sidecars at Camp Jornada...  (Read 4787 times)

rpnix

• Bulleteer
on: August 06, 2007, 07:41:56 pm
I'd like to let everyone here in the SE Minnesota area know that you have an opportunity to show off your rigs and do something good for children with cancer:

On Tuesday, August 14th, at 6:30p.m. there will be a car show at Camp Jornada (a camp for children with cancer). There will be cars of all shapes and sizes, from Model T's to '70s and '80s street racers. The kids "judge" the car show, and then they all get to have rides in their favorite cars.

This year, I'd like to add bikes with sidecars to this event. If you have the time, and can make the distance, I can guarantee you'll come away with a great feeling, and you'll meet some of the nicest kids in the country. Some of these children could never dream of riding a motorcycle, and you can give them that chance.

If you think you can make it, please give me a call at 507-259-9159, so we can start getting a feel for how many bikes we'll have. This is a surprise for the kids, so the more the merrier (almost literally).

To show just how they'll react, have a look below:

Hope some of you can make it...

Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 10:54:18 pm
Thanks for posting about this... it sounds like a great event.
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

rpnix

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:42:44 pm
Just getting back from camp. While no Royal Enfields showed up, two other people (one a Harly with a sidecar, and another Ural) joined my Ural in the car show, and we all gave kids rides that evening.

During the week, my Ural doubled as another camp golf cart, and I ferried both campers who had problems getting around to the places they wouldn't have otherwise been able to get to. It helped me along too, as I injured my leg on the first day of camp and was limping quite a bit all week.

In all, we had 93 kids, and almost as many staff, at camp. Pictures can be found at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simplyphotography/sets/72157601582961362/

Maybe next year, we can get an Enfield with a sidecar to visit camp? Maybe? Hmmmm?  :D
Bob Nix -- '06 Ural Tourist, '07 Royal Enfield Electra  <-- Click on the bike to see photos!

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:36:57 pm
Maybe next year, we can get an Enfield with a sidecar to visit camp? Maybe? Hmmmm?  :D

I wish we could have attended this year. The timing this year lined up with Kevin's trip to India... even though he's the only from our office going, there's usually a lot of running around for everyone else leading up to his departure that drains our attention.

Please do invite us again next year and I'll help you lobby for an Enfield appearance at the event.  ;)
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?