Author Topic: Best way to get rid of the kick stand engine cut out  (Read 9209 times)

romaric

• Scooter
  • I'm for freedom and for pleasure
Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 06:56:27 pm
i want to warm up without being on the bike, same as you. My side stand does indeed turn off the engine, but the center stand doesn't!

So, I've just been putting the bike in the center stand in the morning and all is good! And I never forget about putting it down because my feet are always slightly higher and of course the bike just feels different when on the center stand.

So, this could be an option for anyone out there :)
I'm for freedom and for pleasure, nothing ever lasts forever

JohnDL

• Grease Monkey
Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 09:54:01 am
I haven't tampered with mine as I warm the bike up on the centre stand in my garage then wheel the bike out while it's still running, then put it back on the centre stand while I lock the garage and put my helmet on.

As the bike is so easy to lift onto the centre stand, I don't find it a big inconvenience.

Has any GT owner actually had a problem with the side stand cut out switch?

As the GT frame is totally different from other Enfields, I just wondered if this problem hasn't affected the GTs?

John

trimleyman

• Bulleteer
  • 1953 or 2011.
Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 07:17:25 pm
JohnDL, yes very first week of having my GT. cut-out a couple of times and miss-fired. Then one evening kept doing it in truck traffic requiring me to do some hairy lane changes to save being crushed. Pulled into a parking lock and un-plugged it. Knew what to do as my 2011G5 did it to me one the San Mateo Bridge on the way to San Francisco for it's first service. It looks like the problem is still alive and well (unfortunately) with the GT.
Now 2011 Royal Enfield G5 and just added 2014 Continental GT and latest 2015 Ducati 803 Scrambler Urban Enduro
Then:-
1978 Ducati 900 GTES
1969 Ducati 350 Desmo Racer
1972 Mototrans Ducati 250 24 Horas
1965 Triumph Tiger Cub 200
1967 BSA Bantum