Author Topic: Accessory time for the tan c5  (Read 10962 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 10:24:38 am
exhaust back on the bike after drilling out a few perforted holes inside the muffler. although i did not get time to test ride it i fired it over and it appears louder/stronger so i'sd say an improvement

first off today was fitting the royal enfield express saddle bags. coming in at around the $320 mark plus freight i wouldn't say they are a cheap buy but they do look good on the bike and blend in well. as for what you could carry in them....not much!

next up the headlight area

i've had this tri bar around for a while so decided to fit it

re-moving these headlight clips are pretty straight foreward but i would advise eye protection. especially when re seating the headlight. using long nose pliers these clips are under a lot of pressure and if they fly out of the housing - you could lose an eye
very quick. ...so the safety rule - eye protection!

tri bar installed

im chasing a 60's odd look and in those days just like the cars - we ran mesh headlight covers. this fits the bike to a tee

next up i never did like those chrome mirrors

tomorrow i start on fitting and wiring up the indicators and maybe brake light.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 12:02:37 pm
Keep 'em coming, man!

And, regarding your signature line:

2014 C5 tan/cheery -awaiting pick-up

that color scheme is cheery!  Change "awating pick-up" to "mods in progress"  :D

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: August 23, 2014, 05:15:35 am
removed the tail light housing with intensions of fitting the 'stop style' tail light.....my new tail light is way to small to fit the housing so thats the end of that one.

after that i'd have to figure out what to do about these 3 holes if i removed the housing completely

so i just fitted the bullet style indicators front and rear - wired them up and wrapped in insulation tape and called it a day.
tomorrow i might buy a soldering iron and have a go at soldering them all together....all work fine

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: August 23, 2014, 06:58:14 am
plus the new grips

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #34 on: August 23, 2014, 11:17:34 am
Wow! Love the headlight grill... wish they were legal in my area.
W.B., Your bike is looking pretty sweet!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 12:06:24 pm
removed the tail light housing with intensions of fitting the 'stop style' tail light.....my new tail light is way to small to fit the housing so thats the end of that one.

Keep the chunky black tail light housing, but yank the OEM light, and install your new "STOP" light in its place?

after that i'd have to figure out what to do about these 3 holes if i removed the housing completely

Keep the wiring hole for use with the new light.  Cover the other two holes with appropriate stickers or "bolt-on" badges?

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 12:13:13 pm
It's looking really great.

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #37 on: August 23, 2014, 01:05:32 pm
Keep the wiring hole for use with the new light.  Cover the other two holes with appropriate stickers or "bolt-on" badges?

There you go, use a chrome bolt on the top one and mount your tag over the lower one.

Wildbill, you're NOT helping my "Farkleitus" at all. I haven't even gotten a RE yet and you have me looking at nifty stuff to add and change.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #38 on: August 23, 2014, 03:43:19 pm
Bill, let us know how those saddle bags hold up. They look great on there and don't detract from the look of the bike at all.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 03:50:25 pm
re-moving these headlight clips are pretty straight foreward but i would advise eye protection. especially when re seating the headlight. using long nose pliers these clips are under a lot of pressure and if they fly out of the housing - you could lose an eye
very quick. ...so the safety rule - eye protection!

Observe Exhibit A:

This was the result of a rabid W clip that shot itself into my eye without eye protection.     :o

The bike is looking fantastic!  I'm really liking the personal touches you are adding.  :)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #40 on: August 24, 2014, 12:35:26 am
Scottie - it's a good way to warn us of the danger, but damn!  I was hoping not to have to see that again!

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: August 24, 2014, 01:01:01 am
krimp
i have purchased these saddle bags on previous bikes. they blend in well with the bike. i might make some sort of bracket to hold them on better. atm i use cable ties to the frame to keep them level.
remember that these are pretty small saddle bags so don't really hold much stuff.....but would be better than nothing. still undecided if i should have gone brown rather than the black.
high on octane
i too had a close call  with the clips a couple of years ago while removing the head light from the black chrome c5. it is unbelievable how fast they fly out the housing. in your case -you were extremely lucky to get away with a minor flick/hit and avoided any long term eye damage.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: August 24, 2014, 05:42:50 am
just waiting now for the balance of the goods to arrive so took it out ona a 120klm run - dirt and sealed

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #43 on: August 24, 2014, 06:03:07 am
Nice Awesome bike, nice pics and nice location.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #44 on: August 24, 2014, 07:11:25 am
So, how do they hold up in the rain then? I ride most of the year and need something that will hold my tablet and lunch.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5