Author Topic: Interview with new US RE Pres  (Read 5681 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 01:43:22 am
I make parts in the open air with a Number 4 mill bastard file ..... YOU must be PAMPERED, working in a garage and all ...... I'll bet it even has a radio and some heat!! Hahahaha!!!

Well...... yeah, I have to admit it does, you know  ::)     Just a liiiiitttttle infa-red hanging from the ceiling .. Hey !  I'm getting old and soft alright ?! LOL !  ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 03:28:57 am
Well...... yeah, I have to admit it does, you know  ::)     Just a liiiiitttttle infa-red hanging from the ceiling .. Hey !  I'm getting old and soft alright ?! LOL !  ;)
Well I'm assuming it has that "RED" lift we hear about a lot in this forum too...
Let's get some faster bikes out there...GHG/Scooterbob ... I'm waiting in line....sign me up.... ;)
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 04:27:35 am
Well I'm assuming it has that "RED" lift we hear about a lot in this forum too...
Let's get some faster bikes out there...GHG/Scooterbob ... I'm waiting in line....sign me up.... ;)

Well..... if you would give that bike a half hour break, and stop riding it so much we would ! LOL !  ;)   And you must be referring to the redwood picknick table with the wooden blocks on top, that we drag into the garage.  ::)  he...he..he

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 10:43:20 am
  Well..... if you would give that bike a half hour break, and stop riding it so much we would ! LOL !  ;)   And you must be referring to the redwood picknick table with the wooden blocks on top, that we drag into the garage.  ::)  he...he..he

What?? You mean you don't just tip it over in a bush to work on it?? You Gorilla's is suh-fisticated, I tell ya!! Heeheehee!!! ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 02:17:46 pm
  LOL !..... NOOOOOO.  You know how I do it Cuz.   VINES !   I scamper up to the ceiling joists and tie them off. Then I Heeeeeeeve and hoist the bike up with that hand like oppose-able thumb I have on my foot.... Which leaves my two human like hands free to wrench with...you know?   It can however become  a real PIA if I forgot something, and I have to go over to the tool box!  Then I have to do that whole leg/hand like foot hoist thing again !  I'm liking the Bush Idea more and more now that I think about it !       

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 01:09:10 am
  LOL !..... NOOOOOO.  You know how I do it Cuz.   VINES !   I scamper up to the ceiling joists and tie them off. Then I Heeeeeeeve and hoist the bike up with that hand like oppose-able thumb I have on my foot.... Which leaves my two human like hands free to wrench with...you know?   It can however become  a real PIA if I forgot something, and I have to go over to the tool box!  Then I have to do that whole leg/hand like foot hoist thing again !  I'm liking the Bush Idea more and more now that I think about it !     

[snort, giggle!] SOMEhow I can see you doing that ......  ::) ;D

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 02:40:19 am
Hopefully, it means that something will actually happen with the brand in the USA. The stagnation is appalling for well over 15 years of the same management. Perhaps there will even be technical support ...... Who knew?
A RE in every garage.
That would be similar to H-D. Would loose some appeal .
Maybe I should stay ahead of the pack and ride a Chinese made Dneper. ;)
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 11:11:01 am
A RE in every garage.
That would be similar to H-D. Would loose some appeal .
Maybe I should stay ahead of the pack and ride a Chinese made Dneper. ;)

In business, it's not about "appeal" - it's about sales. That is the FACT of the dirty underbelly of the motorcycle - or ANY business. In the USA, it doesn't matter what you have for sale - it's how you sell it. If Ron Popeil can get rich selling silly string for the back of your balding head, surely a world famous motorcycle can fly off the shelf in tens of thousands. Kymco does it - why not RE??

As far as getting of the pack on a ComBloc bike goes - you better put a JATO bottle on it ........  ;)