Author Topic: AMSOIL and the UCE 535  (Read 21393 times)

iRideRoyalnVA

• Sole Proprietor of Bremo Synthetic Solutions
  • Grease Monkey
  • I sell AMSOIL!
Reply #45 on: April 18, 2015, 01:31:17 am
I know its been a while, but for whom ever is interested here are the results for the 3rd Oil Analysis for my CGTs' UCE 535! Enjoy!
2014 Continental GT
Michael C Tolliver
Bremo Synthetic Solutions
Independent AMSOIL Dealer
Bremo Bluff, Virginia
www.lubedealer.com/bremosyntheticsolutions
Ride Hard! Run Cool!

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #46 on: April 27, 2015, 01:52:55 am
Thanks for posting your results. It's good to see what's happening to the oil over time.  Now I'm curious as to whether Amsoil is available in Colombia, will have to check with some of our local lubricant distributors I suppose.  The Honda XL200 has been running Honda brand (used to be Mobil) Semi-Synthetic, changed out ever 2,000 kilometers.  The XL engine has no filter so I'm not really comfortable running it more between changes.  My wife's Biz100 has been changed regularly every six months or so since brand new.  She never makes 2,000 km between changes as the run to work and back is so short so it gets changed on a calendar basis instead of hours/kilometers.  It always comes out looking fairly good, that engine will probably last looong past when she's ready to quit riding the little scooter.  Anyway, once I pick up the RE I'll run the engine in and then switch to a synthetic - depending what's available down here.  The other day I came across some Motul 4T 7100 20W50 at a local shop.  It's the first full synthetic bike oil I've come across here.  Quite steep in price at twice the cost of the Honda brand I've been running - but still cheap insurance in keeping a motor going over the long haul.

Again, thanks for putting this info up for us.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

Jellyroll

• Grease Monkey
Reply #47 on: April 27, 2015, 07:12:05 pm
Thanks for the report, this is the kind of stuff you can't just ask around and get reliable info on. Much appreciated!
AmBraCo, the Motul is good stuff, and yeah it's expensive, too. If you're interested, Castrol Actevo is IMO as good, and you can get it for 24.00US per gallon jug from www.cyclegear.com delivered to your stoop.
You Are
What You Do
When It Counts

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #48 on: April 27, 2015, 11:07:19 pm
Thanks for the report, this is the kind of stuff you can't just ask around and get reliable info on. Much appreciated!
AmBraCo, the Motul is good stuff, and yeah it's expensive, too. If you're interested, Castrol Actevo is IMO as good, and you can get it for 24.00US per gallon jug from www.cyclegear.com delivered to your stoop.

Thanks, Jellyroll.  My stoop's on the wrong continent for those prices.  :) I'll need to drop by one of our local lubricant dealers and see what they have, plus a couple of local bike oriented shops that sometimes bring in some good stuff.
Paul

iRideRoyalnVA

• Grease Monkey
  • I sell AMSOIL!
Reply #49 on: April 28, 2015, 08:15:43 am
Thanks for the positive comments.  There will be another up soon.  I have about 1500 miles to go befor  I change the oil filter and do another sample!
2014 Continental GT
Michael C Tolliver
Bremo Bluff, Virginia
Ride Hard! Run Cool!

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
Reply #50 on: April 28, 2015, 01:12:32 pm
Thanks for the positive comments.  There will be another up soon.  I have about 1500 miles to go befor  I change the oil filter and do another sample!

Well, get to riding!   ;D
Paul

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: May 03, 2015, 06:50:53 am
I switched to full synthetic 20w50 at 1000 miles, now have close to 6000 miles with no problems. I will not use Amsoil in anything due to personal reasons (nothing to do with the oil itself)
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

iRideRoyalnVA

• Grease Monkey
  • I sell AMSOIL!
Reply #52 on: May 03, 2015, 03:30:49 pm
I switched to full synthetic 20w50 at 1000 miles, now have close to 6000 miles with no problems. I will not use Amsoil in anything due to personal reasons (nothing to do with the oil itself)

Sorry to hear that Amsoil are very good products! (Not just because I'm a dealer, I used different products for years befor I decided to try selling it). Was it some kind of corporate issue or a bad experience with another dealer?  If you don't mind I ask?
2014 Continental GT
Michael C Tolliver
Bremo Bluff, Virginia
Ride Hard! Run Cool!

iRideRoyalnVA

• Grease Monkey
  • I sell AMSOIL!
Reply #53 on: July 29, 2015, 04:49:58 am
Here's my latest sample.  Lube Miles 3124 Oil Filter change at about 1500 miles Engine Miles 7684.  The comments are still somewhat erroneous.  I have called and talked to the analysers several times and talked to one on the same page but he apparently took ill and as far as i know had not yet returned to work.  We were working on making a correct profile for the GT version off the UCE.  Its all new data to them too, they were not familiar with the UCE so i try and call and let the analyser who did the sample know when i get the report back what the application is so they can make sure the correct notes are added to there system to provide accurate information about the sample.  The comments don't really matter so much as the numbers in the wear metals and viscosity and such so i just focus on that and they give you a nifty graph to look at the forming trend as future samples are added.  Hope everyone enjoys!
2014 Continental GT
Michael C Tolliver
Bremo Bluff, Virginia
Ride Hard! Run Cool!

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: July 29, 2015, 02:49:04 pm
I wonder what type of oil they use in India in their Royal Enfield motorcycles?   I bet it is not synthetic. Maybe not even multi-grade.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

iRideRoyalnVA

• Grease Monkey
  • I sell AMSOIL!
Reply #55 on: July 29, 2015, 07:15:21 pm
I wonder what type of oil they use in India in their Royal Enfield motorcycles?   I bet it is not synthetic. Maybe not even multi-grade.

In the owners Manual it shows a lil pic of e Royal Enfield brand 15w-50.  No telling really who supplies it?  Iom full synthetic oil is better for what ever the application is there are no disadvantages besides cost.  It is specifically designed for a specific purpose how could it be wrong?  If you are interested I will see how much it would be to ship out a case of the MCV 20w-50 to you.  You can email me if you like with your address?
2014 Continental GT
Michael C Tolliver
Bremo Bluff, Virginia
Ride Hard! Run Cool!

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #56 on: July 29, 2015, 10:43:21 pm
Thanks, but no thanks iRideRoyalnVA.  I was just curious. You wouldn't think that 15w-50 (which is most likely semi-synthetic oil) would be widely available in India. After seeing videos of how RE bikes are repaired in the field, I would think that whatever oil is lying around is what is being used in the bikes.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #57 on: July 29, 2015, 11:20:48 pm
Based on the posts on Team BHP in India, the Royal Enfield owners are very much aware of synthetic and semi-synthetic motorcycle oils.

Motul 300v and 5100 are popular.
 https://www.motul.com/us/en-us/products/oils-lubricants/range/motorcycle?f%5Brange%5D=21&page=1

Shell and Valvoline are also popular there.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: July 30, 2015, 01:27:01 am
Well, there is nothing wrong with Motul oil.  I have used it in my BMWs and Triumph Bonneville. I guess the Indians are more on the ball than I have seen in some of the old RE trip videos.

iRideRoyalnVA

• Grease Monkey
  • I sell AMSOIL!
Reply #59 on: July 30, 2015, 02:31:28 am
I've seen alot of driving shows in India and it seemed like you just use what you have.  I'm sure the Enfield stores there stock the Enfield brand oil like a Harley dealer would have Harley oil.  In the end you have to decide what you want to expect from a product you choose and act accordingly.  My choice was synthetic  just because its lab designed for a specific purpose.  I want to get the most life out of my engines as possible. Its worth it to me to spend the extra cash on oil rather then replacing things.  I looked at all the different brands and different classes of oil.  Motul is probably the best oil you can use as its base stock is ester but the price for me was more then I wanted to spend.  I was using the standard mobile1 stuff in everything forever then learned about Amsoil and just started using it because the longevity you can get of it.  All the best base synthetic base stocks come from mobile1 and then companies make there own formula to suit the application.  Jus what I've seen in mine and my parents vehicles and and different yard equipment and a Genny that has had the same oil for 5 years with a filter change every year lab result show the oil is still good.  It is actually clear same as day I put it in.  It probably only runs 100hrs a year with maintenance runs every week and even with the frequent power outages in winter where it runs straight til the gas runs out or the lights come back.  That's what sold me the most so 3 years ago I started selling it and I make enough to pay for what I buy for myself.  Didn't get into it to make money just think its cool and it works.  I have 210000 miles on a 2005 Kia spectra/cerato using mobile1 since new then switched to amsoil at about 100000 miles and with oil analysis I've been doing 30000 miles oil change intervals with test result saying oil was still good for use and only recommending a filter change, changing oil filter at 15000 mile interval.  I did it at first as an experiment to see what I can really go thru and I thought that was impressive. For the price point.  Its all subjective tho in the end I guess.

---RANT OVER---
2014 Continental GT
Michael C Tolliver
Bremo Bluff, Virginia
Ride Hard! Run Cool!