Author Topic: Official Announcement of new Pres  (Read 1328 times)

Gypsyjon

• Grease Monkey
  • 201o G5 Deluxe Black & Chrome
on: August 06, 2014, 04:33:28 pm

Here's the official announcement. Rod Copes, formerly of Harley Davidson, will champion Royal Enfield's efforts in North America. It shows India IS interested in the U.S. market. But what a career shift, from a brand that is a household word in the U.S. to one too few people know about:
Royal Enfield names Rod Copes as President of North America
New Delhi/ Milwaukee/Faribault, Royal Enfield, the world’s oldest motorcycle brand in continuous production and the world’s fastest growing motorcycle manufacturer, has named industry-veteran Rod Copes as President, North America. Rod will be responsible for driving Royal Enfield’s businesses in North America in cooperation with the existing importers and distributors. Classic Motorworks LTD. of Faribault MN has been the Royal Enfield importer and distributor since 1999 and will continue to serve that function.
Kevin Mahoney, President of Classic Motorworks said “We welcome and are encouraged by the appointment of Rod. Royal Enfield has made a strong commitment to North America and the appointment of such a highly qualified, experienced and well-regarded person like Rod is further evidence of that commitment.”
By naming Copes to a top-level executive position, Royal Enfield has firmly stated its intentions to rapidly expand the brand in the United States of America, its top export market....
Rod Copes has previously worked with Harley-Davidson for nearly 20 years, most recently as Head of Global Sales and Customer Service. He was responsible for growing the company’s businesses across four global sales regions and three product categories: motorcycles, Parts & Accessories and General Merchandise. He spearheaded the brand’s geographic expansion across emerging markets and established offices in locations such as Singapore, Miami (Latin America), New Delhi, Moscow, Dubai, Saul Paulo, Shanghai, Prague, Athens and Seoul. Rod, who holds both a Master’s degree in Engineering and an MBA from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, left Harley-Davidson in late 2012 to follow his passion and entrepreneurial spirit of working with smaller companies and new ventures.
Commenting on his new role, Rod Copes President North America, Royal Enfield said, “My association with Royal Enfield goes back to my early days in India when I first met Siddhartha. I have admired Royal Enfield’s classic designs ever since. These are exciting times for the motorcycle industry and I am looking forward to working with the world’s fastest growing motorcycle brand. The North American region provides an interesting opportunity for the brand. While lightweight and heavyweight bikes dominate the motorcycle scene in the U.S.A and Canada, Royal Enfield sits right in the middle with classic, fun, approachable designs that appeal to a younger, urban-oriented demographic. The new generation of riders is interested in a more hands-on motorcycling experience that is part of their lifestyle.”
LikeLike ·  · Share · 1511

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 01:44:33 am
 :)
Thanks for posting interesting stuff Gypsyjon..
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

FastDoc

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 11:41:23 pm
Interestingly, our bikes share a lot in common with HD.

Neither brand has anything to brag about in the performance department, but they excel in the rider experience. In both brands looks, character, and history are major selling points.

The RE has the advantage of lower acquisition and maintenance costs, easier to ride, better handling, etc.
Happily riding in the southeast Washington desert
Bikes owned:

2004 Ducati ST4S-ABS
2007 Honda Gold Wing 1800
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S Dualsport
1998 Yamaha YZ400F racebike converted to Dualsport
2011 Royal Enfield C5 Classic Chrome

Other stuff:

2002 Maule airplane
1996 Corvette
1992 Ranger 4X4

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 01:39:27 am
Interestingly, our bikes share a lot in common with HD.

Neither brand has anything to brag about in the performance department, but they excel in the rider experience. In both brands looks, character, and history are major selling points.

The RE has the advantage of lower acquisition and maintenance costs, easier to ride, better handling, etc.
Well said except, H-D builds amazing handling into their bikes. The last wonky one was the pre-2000 SofTail series. Unfortunately they can't build skill into the owners. I routinely smoked sportbikes in the corners with Sportsters and FLHs. Rock solid and sparks flying! I just got back from MotoGP at Indy. The XR1200 series is really fun to watch! My daughter saw her first flat track AMA race. Won by a Harley XR750. Nearly a 50 year old design running against Ducati and Kawasaki custom framed race bikes.