Author Topic: The real EFI Wiring Diagram  (Read 31489 times)

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
on: August 06, 2014, 07:52:37 am
Scalyback has posted an excellent and accurate wiring diagram over on the Hitchcocks forum.
A true hero!
http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/viewforum?currentpageref=123&function=viewthread&forumref=14168&threadref=14168&currentforumpage=&currentforumorder=
(Scroll to bottom of the thread for updated final version.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:55:31 am by WillW »
2009 Royal Enfield Electra (G5)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:11:37 am
looks good even i can follow that one. do you think it will suite all the efi models or did they change wiring colours in different models

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 11:01:14 am
Hmm.. good point. I don't know, but I daresay someone will chip in soon with more knowledge.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 11:08:49 am
"never-ready" battery - that's cute!

I did one of these, too, for my own use.  It's pretty much a direct copy of the diagram that's sold by CMW -  not my property to give away, which is why I never posted it to the general public.  Especially on this forum, which is hosted by CMW!

WillW - I based my wire colors on the labeling of the B&W diagram I bought - sure enough, in practice, some of my bike's wiring is different.  I'm sure at this point the diagram they sell is a representative approximation...

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 04:07:46 pm
Scalyback has posted an excellent and accurate wiring diagram over on the Hitchcocks forum.
A true hero!
http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/viewforum?currentpageref=123&function=viewthread&forumref=14168&threadref=14168&currentforumpage=&currentforumorder=
(Scroll to bottom of the thread for updated final version.)

Very nicely done. He has done a lot of work. However accuracy of his chart needs to be verified and it does need corrections.

A casual look at his chart shows me a few discrepancies in ECU. He has shown Pin #1 twice (Look inside his ECU Box and you will find it). There are a few pins that do not match number and some misnomers - eg His ECU shows Pin 24 HSLW, which is actually Pin 34 NLSW for Neutral Switch. My guess is since he could not read the original, he had to guess a few numbers and letters which caused some errors. All of them can be corrected if the readers / Forum members at Hitchcock pass on the information to him. He will do a great job.

Editing and correcting is very time consuming and needs many pairs of eyes.

I have been making something along the same lines so am very much tuned to what is going on. I had not mentioned about it until now since it is NOT FULLY READY - DRAFT for my personal use. Not completely done so please do not use it as a reference or authentic OEM. I have crossed over it with long lines.

Also if you see anything mislabeled, let me know.   

There are a few things I have modified for ease of use without changing the nature of information (guess which ones ?). I have added / will be adding some useful bits of information which are not in the original. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:37:09 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 04:38:08 pm
Well spotted Singh,
I knew you'd be on the ball with this!
I'll pass your observations on to the Hitchcocks thread.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 04:45:11 pm
Well spotted Singh,
I knew you'd be on the ball with this!
I'll pass your observations on to the Hitchcocks thread.

Will if you can do that, l will be go through the chart in more detail and post the comments here that you can either refer to or pass on for him to make a revised version. It will take some time because I know there are more things I can share with him to make it better.

You know these versions can be 1 or 2 or 3 to get it all right ! And Even then ... things can crop up many months later for further revision :)
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk

Simon Taylor

• Scooter
  • There's a "Bullet" with my name on it!
Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 05:17:56 pm
OK, I'm scalyback!

Singhg5, check the wires from the low fuel sensor, the diagram from RE show it being powered from the brake light feed !!!  LOL!, (green wire) should be the red white (just below). I checked with my efi, and the wire colour from the fuel sensor IS actually red/white.

It did take hours to check against the bike and you are perfectly correct, I did take a guess about some of the EFI text, but took mine apart to get the wire colours correct!

Itwas a copy from my owners manual, but there is not much of the original left!

Thanks for the comments, Please let me know if there are more errors, like in the ECU.

scalyback
1959 Meteor Minor De Luxe "Kevin"
1994 Military bullet "Tornado"

Simon Taylor

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 05:23:41 pm
P.S, I wasn't trying to be mean to you guys and not share, was planning to get it correct first, but it's a team effort now!

2bikebill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 05:28:52 pm
Pardon my haste in jumping the gun Simon - couldn't contain my excitement at the sight of a readable wiring diagram.....  :D ;)

Simon Taylor

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 07:06:10 pm
All's ok guys

Right, a new version including the missing headlamp pilot bulb, the ecu text, pins etc.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 09:35:58 pm
Very nice work, Simon. It sure beats the one in the Service Manual.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 10:43:35 pm
Fantastic job!

A person could go blind trying to read the misinformation in the small wiring diagram in the Owners Manual.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 02:21:46 am
 ;D
Simon! Don't need my glasses anymore... Good job
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 04:03:51 pm
P.S, I wasn't trying to be mean to you guys and not share, was planning to get it correct first, but it's a team effort now!

Simon 

I see that you have corrected few of ECU pins in your latest version (such as CRKP and CRKM).  However, there are 3 more corrections for your next revision. 

i)      pin 5 TX  should read TH (for throttle)
ii)     pin 34 NSLW should read NLSW (neutral switch)
iii)    pin 38 for PG1 should read 35 (RE ECU has only 36 pins - two rows of 18 each)

So the team work continues ;)

PS - What computer software did you use to draw these lines ? 

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 04:23:38 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk