Author Topic: Royal Enfield! Cypress Texas is on the map  (Read 6017 times)

erob123

• Bulleteer
on: July 26, 2008, 11:03:44 pm
My new 08 RE Military did 80 mph for 2 hours! Austin Texas to Cypress Texas (NW Houston) in the back of a pick-up truck.  I'm like a kid with candy.   Just got home with the new bike "Congrats to you all for making me a believer" Happy Trails, Eric

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 12:53:25 am
Good On Ya! Have fun & check your 6!  ;)
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

LJRead

Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 07:37:56 am
Nice, positive attitude - keep it on that level and you'll be fine.  Love your country of Texas!
Wish I had some of your steak though.  Can you imagine living in a country without steak?  Well at least we have two R Es here!

All the best,

LJ

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 01:36:50 pm
My new 08 RE Military did 80 mph for 2 hours! Austin Texas to Cypress Texas (NW Houston) in the back of a pick-up truck.  I'm like a kid with candy.   Just got home with the new bike "Congrats to you all for making me a believer" Happy Trails, Eric

Just as I thought the green bikes are faster. ;)
Eric, did you get your goodies from Granzins ? I guess we could send LJ some but would surely spoil because he lives over half way around the world from anywhere. ::)
Let us know how things go with the bike.

Phil

erob123

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 03:44:40 pm
Thanks all, Phil, sure did a Grazin's thing came back with a cooler full.  also did the Nagelin's Bakery thing too.  Sittin here thinkinn that a cruise on River Road would be good now.  You up in Sattler?  You mentioned River Road meets Canyon Lake.  Know the territory good.  In-laws from NB.  Mother in-law use to run Todde Shop Liqours at end of Sak-n-pak in Sattler.  She past away a few years back.  My wife ran for awhile and the they chased her off.  Now I have the bike, got to do the River Road thing.  Keep in touch.

Eric

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 05:17:51 pm
Eric,
I live in NB just off Gruene rd. at Common St. about a mile from Gruene Hall.

Just got back from my almost daily run up to Canyon Dam via River Rd. I do about 50 miles a day 5 or 6 times a week. Retirement works!  ;D

So any time you come this way, bring your scoot and we'll do the River Rd.

Phil

Nacho

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 10:41:22 pm
Eric,

I'm in the Woodlands (sort of), probably just a few miles from you.  I've got an '08 Classic.

Hope you enjoy your new bike.

erob123

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 01:42:21 pm
Nacho,
Like Phil in NB sez we can load up split gas and do the River Road thing.  Also ever thought of invading Houston Scooter Battalion their Vespas  but hell they start out at Beer Island on 1st Sundays of each month and do a cruise around town.  I wouldn't think they would do the freeway thing on a Vespa.  Does Woodlands have some nice cruising roads? I was thinkin heading towards Magnolia back roads some Sunday.  I've got a lot going on but now I've got the scoot I'm looking for back roads up North to ride on Sundays, mornings prefered, too hot.  Do you know of anybody else in H-town with an RE?  Any MC shops in Houston familiar with RE's?  Just found British USA down by Hobby Airport. Any you'd recommend?
Eric
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:47:05 pm by erob123 »

Nacho

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 06:40:28 pm
Eric,

Don't know anyone else with an RE.  I have been riding around with some guys on Harleys, but mostly I just use my bike to get to work.  I have heard that 149 and 3090 are great roads not too far up north.  Maybe once you have broken your bike in we can go for a blast up there.

Nacho

j.p. burrito

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 10:32:31 pm
You live in New Braunfels?  That place is cool, used to hang out there a lot back in the day (2001) haven't been down there since Wurstfest though.  I live in Austin now, San Marcos then.
-eric

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 01:52:42 am
The first time I went to Wurst Fest was in 1972. To the East of Wurst Hall was the RR track across the Comal river, just on the other side of was a house with a large lot. We paid a small camp fee, pitched our tents and drank pitchers of wonder bier. Later that evening, very drunk my wife said, "If those other girls can ride BMWs so can I". I got her one the next week and turned mine into a cafe racer with Haberman fairing imported from Germany. Ahhh the memories. Now I live here and it has grown sooooo much it hurts. We're about 40,000 in the winter. Tourist season over 100,000. Winter is my time of year. Weather is mild, not tourist to speak of, and I own the River Road with nice curves. 8)

j.p. burrito

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 02:05:10 am
I wish I was around back in the good ole' days.  You never know how good it was til it's gone.  Even in 95 when I went to New Braunfels at 18 it was still a sleepy town.

Ociralat

• Scooter
Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 06:21:15 am
Do you know of anybody else in H-town with an RE?

I live in Austin, but fell in love with the RE a few years ago when I saw one parked on the Rice University campus.  Sounds like we have a couple RE's in Austin, at least a few in Houston, and Phil in NB.  I think it's time for a rally!!

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 12:08:57 pm
For the most part, I'm available any time. Few exceptions, so just let me know. There is some nice riding in the hill country and only have to cross one major highway and one stream..... but the water isn't up now.  ;)

erob123

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 02:42:19 pm
Ociralat,
I picked mine up from Napalm Motorsports in Austin last Saturday off of N620/183.  Have you dealt with them much?  Seem like the closest RE dealer.  Jeff & Jim helped me out.  I'm game for a rally this fall.  Sometime after Labor Day when tourist start to thin.  Acouple of days on the on the river we can get us a couple of good runs.  Up to 200 mi on mine, figure by Sept all be almost broke in doing a commute of 100 mi a week.
Keep in touch
Last count 2 in A-town, 1 in NB, and 2 in H-town, were only one short of a six pack.
Eric