Author Topic: Hi from the 'witch county' Lancashire England. That's old not new!  (Read 1379 times)

Oldbikergit

• Scooter
Hi y'all, Just signing in to introduce myself. I've just acquired a 2007 '50 years made in India' Thunderbird 350 lean burn model to add to my mini collection. I've had my other Bullet a 2006 Electra X 500 for over two years now so I must be liking it despite going through 3 sprag clutches. Hope to read many posts. All the best from an old biker git aka Ray  ;D

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Welcome Ray,

how does your new Thunderbird compare to its bigger brother?

Regards,

Adrian
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

chunky

• Scooter
Hi Ray and welcome,I'm a newb too! Which part of 'old Lancashire' are you from, I know it used to stretch right up into the Lakes at one time.
We're all doomed!

Oldbikergit

• Scooter
Hi Adrian & Chunky,
Ade, the Thunderbird is in beautiful condition and really easy to handle. If a can handle a Honda Silverwing (very heavy - I don't have it now) this is a piece of cake! However as for power it lacks it compared to my 500 which is only to be expected but that said it pulls well up hills.
Chunky, I now live in the South of Bolton, Farnworth which now is officially in Gt M/c but I still consider myself a Lancashire lad. Where abouts are you? I'll be up in the Lakes again end of August Fell walking for 5 days based at Hassness Buttermere. I was there last April. Will be going on my Bullet with my son on his bike. I'll stick a photo on off my bikes when I get round to it. All the best!
Ray now considered an old biker git by some.  :-[

chunky

• Scooter
Hi Ray, I live in the South Lakes at Milnthorpe.
It would be good to compare Bullets when your'e up here!
I am going into hospital for knee surgery in 3 weeks time so I don't know if I will be capable of riding at the end of August.
If I am we could meet up for a brew somewhere if you like.
Chunky aka Steve
We're all doomed!

Oldbikergit

• Scooter
Hi Steve, Yes if you like. We'll (my son & me) be passing through your way on Saturday 30th August onto Buttermere. Just let me know if you will be OK by then. Looking at your pic on here, yours is the same as mine, only mine has a top box and maroon/red in colour. Hope your knee surgery goes well.
Best wishes, Ray aka an 'oldbikergit'