Author Topic: Installing EFI Silencer  (Read 3643 times)

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 09:52:52 pm
Installed the EFI Silencer last night, today I took it for a 101 mile ride to evaluate it. For my taste and one of my neighbors it is too loud but if fuel mileage stays up I will keep it on. I did notice that the severity of the vibrations have decreased although it could be because of the additional miles on the bike, about 800 at present. My next door neighbor, about 150' from my garage, noticed as I was passing his house and turning into my driveway (going up an incline). Can't go any where here without going up a hill, which reminds me of Army days at Fort Knox, always marching up hill. I wish there was a way to reduce the noise by 50% to keep from tiring me out and upsetting the neighbors.
2016 Royal Enfield Continental GT
2014 Royal Enfield C5 With Cozy Euro Sidecar

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 10:59:25 pm
I wish there was a way to reduce the noise by 50% to keep from tiring me out and upsetting the neighbors.

There is: install the OEM silencer.

It's an unfortunate problem...

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 02:48:21 am
Installed the EFI Silencer last night, today I took it for a 101 mile ride to evaluate it. For my taste and one of my neighbors it is too loud but if fuel mileage stays up I will keep it on. I did notice that the severity of the vibrations have decreased although it could be because of the additional miles on the bike, about 800 at present. My next door neighbor, about 150' from my garage, noticed as I was passing his house and turning into my driveway (going up an incline). Can't go any where here without going up a hill, which reminds me of Army days at Fort Knox, always marching up hill. I wish there was a way to reduce the noise by 50% to keep from tiring me out and upsetting the neighbors.
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES !  Bet your neighbor wasn't upset - he was envying you.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 04:01:58 am
Craig, I will gladly swap neighbors with you. Mine are not understanding nor re they envious at all, just cranky.
2016 Royal Enfield Continental GT
2014 Royal Enfield C5 With Cozy Euro Sidecar