Author Topic: How cool is this?  (Read 3921 times)

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 02:50:49 am
It's cool, but seriously overpriced, and it's not street legal. I would have no use at all for a non street legal bike, even my dirt bike is street legal.

I am still slightly confused about the Indian name being used by Enfield. It has no connection to the original Indian Motorcycle Company (and neither does the new Polaris owned Indian Motorcycle Company) I always assumed it had something to do with Floyd Clymer, who put the Indian name on just about everything, including Asian built mini bikes. The name may be the reason for the  high price, he may think someone will think it is a real Indian, even though Indian went out of business for good in 1953.
Yeah Suitcase, It was a Floyd Clymer Import. Many of the last British Royal Enfields such as the 500 singles & last of the 750 interceptors were bought up Badged as Indians for the USA by Clymer. The most interesting Clymer product I've seen was an Indian labeled Velocette 500 in a twin loop Italian frame, it looked similar to the new Continental. Clymer bought up the last of the Velocette engines & had frames, wheels & tanks made in Italy. These are very scarce & ARE valuable. not so with the Iron barrel scrambler that is interchangeable with the pre-unit Enfields.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure