aboard

Author Topic: Heel/Toe Shifter  (Read 5202 times)

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 05:20:08 pm
I ordered one from India. $22.00 incl. freight.  It fit beautifully but I just couldn't get used to it.  Tried for about a week and went back to the toe shift.  Guess that they are not for everybody.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 10:51:01 am
I got one too.  The thing it did for me was I inadvertently installed the heal toe shifter with the toe part just a little higher than the original, allowing the toe of my boots to go under easier.  Now it is so much more comfortable to toe shift that I forget to try using my heal.  I have read that all RE's in India come with the heal toe shifter and I want my bike to appear as Indian as possible so, for me it is a nice looking accessory.
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon, Forged Dome Piston, Ported head and H.P. Cams by SB/GHG, Power Commander-V, K&N, "Fin" intake, Dunlop K-70's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100, Orange / Black Two-Tone.
2012 Triumph Scrambler with DMC M-72D Sidecar

Arctictanker

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 04:46:06 pm
I will need to look it up.  My wife ordered it for my birthday from a list I gave her.  It was ordered from India and I have had no issues with installation or operation.  I love it and also prefer its operation over toe only.
Northern Virginia
2014 C5 Military

Arctictanker

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 04:47:26 pm
Sorry I was away for a while.
Northern Virginia
2014 C5 Military

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 05:15:03 pm
I made an offer to Scotty Brown as he didn't like the one he got and it's on my bike now. I like it but I have used one before. Nice thing is I won't tear up My boots even if I do shift with my toe as the toe pegs is smaller the the stock unit.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

rider677

• Neophyte
Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 08:10:47 pm
I used to have a 2002 RE but traded for a dirt bike ( mistake) it 4 years ago ( miss it) I see there is a dealer in tucson az so all is not lost.due to several back surgery,s my left foot falls so i need a heel toe shifter or shift on right side where bikes should. i am glad to find out one can find them rather than build my own like in the past.can you still get the right hand shift kit for the new bikes    Em in tombstone

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 06:39:26 pm
I've never heard of a right hand shifter for one of the new Unit Construction Engine Royal Enfields.

I suppose one could be made but it would need a totally different right side engine cover.  There's no provision for a shift lever to operate the shifting fork inside the case.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary