Author Topic: My Fantastic Fishing Adventure  (Read 3589 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 02:15:44 am
Yes he was.  I was actually looking for a place to set my rod so I could take my boots and pants off when he noticed I was having trouble.  I need to get some waders.  :)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Arctictanker

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 03:29:19 am
Great pictures and waders are well worth it.  Once I finish my classes and get my bachelors I hope to spend more time outdoors.
Northern Virginia
2014 C5 Military

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 07:39:57 am
If you had dropped your drawers and gone out in that lake, that guy wouldn't have need to help you but I bet he would have some good advice for you.

I can hear it all now......

"Howdy.  I didn't see you at first but then I heard that giant sucking sound so I figured someone had dropped their drawers and gone out into the lake in his skivvies. 
Ya' know?  That water is just a hair over freezing, coming off o' them snowcaps like it is.  Ohh dogies!  Ah still remember the first time I did a fool thing like that.  That was over 30 years ago and I just noticed another small piece of ice fell off just last Sunday!

Oh.  After you get back out and put your britches back on, hunker down near a camp fire for about an hour.  Don't let anyone get behind you durin' that last 15 minutes though.
Folks get real riled when they're behind you and all that wind you sucked up finally thaws and changes direction.  It'll mess up a fellers hair from 40 feet away.
Like I say, I did that 30 years ago an I still remember how mad that feller got when my blast blew his wifes skirt up over her head.  She was a good 50 feet away too!

Don't forget what I said.  Oh, and another thing.  Don't aim yer rear at that fire either.
Blowing them burning logs all over the place can start a forest fire when you add the gas you got from that empth can o' Pork & Beans I see laying over there.

You have a good evenin' now, you hear?
I got's to be moseying back down the hill before your blast o' wind has a chance to escape. "

;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 07:46:43 am by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 11:36:18 am
I just love that video!  Nice guy, nice fish... and it wasn't a keeper - I'm amazed at the size limit for large-mouth bass there!  Last summer before my Dad died, we went up to Ontario for warm-water fishing - mostly LM and SM bass and "snakes" (their knickname for northern pike - too boney!).  I don't think we caught any as big as yours, but we caught plenty, and we ate like kings!

RIP, Pop!  :'(

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 04:56:43 pm
I finally put together a video last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdAiBObafog&feature=youtu.be

Man, I loved that video, I miss livin in the Rockys and goin fishin in the high mountain lakes and streams. With any luck I'll be headin back real soon.

Wife Bonnie @ McDonald Lake GNP
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:05:58 pm by pushrod »
Pushrod
Yeah, times have changed, me, not so much

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 05:02:16 pm
Jim, that made me laugh!   ;D

Matt, awesome story!  I haven't had a chance to fish Canada yet, but I hear the water is amazing there.  Regulation at that particular reservoir is 18" for small and largemouth.  I was all excited fighting him to the shore, and then we measured and I was like "Are you kidding me?!"

pushrod, I love fishing in the mountains.  Great times and beautiful views!   :)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King