Author Topic: Could oil delivery from the Rocker Oil Pipe effect overheating?  (Read 1504 times)

Bala2014

• Scooter
  • India to Spain...faster than a speeding Bullet
My rocker oil pipe is a bit wonky as it broke a while back and I had it repaired by a refrigerator repairman and I was wondering how much that effects engine cooling.  I have overheating problems and have been paranoid that that could be the cause, but then in reading old posts on the forum I learned that these old iron barrels are mainly lubricated by the flywheels.  There is definitely oil being deliver via the rocker pipe...I checked...of course I just cant say for sure that it is on par for what it should be.  But should I not be too nervous that this rocker oil pipe is the cause of my overheating?

In the same post I learned this stuff in I also learned the merits of frequent engine breaking to help with overheating...nice info. 
Taking the scenic route from India to Spain...8,000 miles on a classic Enfield!
www.thescenicroutethroughlife.com

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
If it flows, it is probably okay. The head does not require much oil. It is not providing significant cooling. Get a new external oil line when you can.

This engine is air cooled. Nothing should be placed in the way of air flow from the front. Never strap items under the headlight for transport, because that blocks the air flow to the engine fins.

Use moderate rpms when riding. Avoid any temptation to remain in top gear when going slow. Lugging the engine in high gears at low rpms causes overheating.

Do not ride faster than 55mph. Sustained higher speeds cause overheating.
Home of the Fireball 535 !