Author Topic: for sale  (Read 2550 times)

binb

• Scooter
on: April 27, 2008, 07:45:59 pm
hey all...i am selling my 2006 electra. about 1000miles on it and in fine shape. some modifications.....
what can i expect to get for it???
Thanks
BINB

michigandon

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 06:06:07 am
I just bought an '06 Electra with a Goldstar pipe and 400-some odd miles for $3999. Dunno if that helps ya any or not.

Turkeyrider

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 04:16:34 am
I think we are on the threshhold of a new market environment for REs and Electra's, specifically.  I couldn't find a new Electra among 5 dealers I called, except Velocity in Richmond, VA.  I bought probably the last NEW 2006 model in the US at the 2006 pricepoint.  Could have asked for a different color from stock in the national warehouse, but at the 2008 pricepoint, or waited for next boat and paid more (exchange rate, etc., etc.).  Point is, Electra's in the US will probably never cost what they have previously and do now.

All this will raise the price one can get for a used RE (and Electra) to, for some, as much as they paid new or even a little higher.  If the dealers could have known gas would be $4.15/gal by now over a year ago i bet they would have committed for more 2008 "stock." Just my opinion.

Think about it.  There just aren't that many bikes out there with such high curb appeal, 7 tons of extras at good prices, and 60 to 80 mpg in one machine.  And the Electra isn't a 1955 oil squirter, either (neither are recent Classics, with processes at Chennai getting better and better).

Demand and increased media attention (because of new models and so forth) will push the market value of this brand up in the next 24 months.  I just know it.  That said, I am not a RE sales person.  I did a lot of reading and research before I, well, saw my first Brit racing green RE in person, fell in love, had to have one, was told "Be careful, that bike you're sitting on is sold," was heartbroken, spent days on the phone, found a new 2006 at a dealer and drove 120 miles to get it.  I was real rational and then love took over.

And BTW while I was doing paperwork to buy, and the temp tag was going on, a guy walked into the dealership and asked to see a RE.  When they said their only one is now sold, he looked depressed.  I looked at him and said "I'll be a while. Go ahead and sit on it and so forth."  He did.  And I'll bet he spent the next several days on the phone.

As for your used 2006 Electra, you JUST MIGHT be able to approach a $5,000 selling price.  Could happen. People will go pretty far when they are in love.

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:34:35 am
i think mine is a 2007..  i must be in love :P

Tiny Tim

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:53:43 am
Hi Binb,

You could do worse than to try it on Ebay. A pal of mine did just that recently with his 2006 Electra and the bidding frenzy left him £2,350 ($4,700) richer.

He was contemplating trading it in for £1,500 ($3,000).

Result!

REgards

TT

REgards

Tiny Tim

"Whilst it isn't possible to polish a turd, you can always roll it in glitter"

2005 Electra AVL