Author Topic: Urals  (Read 3614 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 01:51:10 pm
Funny, I want a URAL just so I CAN do stupid shit like crossing over a raging river.  ;D   Well, that and so I can take my Bulldog for rides and dress up like Indiana Jones for Halloween.  ;)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

young gun

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 04:19:50 pm
Urals are cool, I would love to own one. Another very cool bike, that was featured in the Garden State movie, is the Dnepr.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 06:49:50 pm
I totally want one for cruising around the countryside dirt tracks with my daughter in the chair.  Not so much for having her inches off the ground in African city traffic, though, so I trashed the idea.

Gypsyjon

• Grease Monkey
  • 201o G5 Deluxe Black & Chrome
Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 05:10:19 pm
How could anyone not love a Ural? They are cool.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 06:17:33 am
This things are akin to a tractor. THey go anywhere.

Pathetic! The top reason why one should not buy a Ural. A bike named after a chain of mountains and these riders have to use every ounce of energy to cross a stream. Really pathetic! I could ford that stream on a tricycle pulled by a couple Great Danes without as much effort. Truly one of the most pathetic videos I have been subjected to. Hog Wash......Ural Trash.......Climb that POS up a redwood and I might buy one. Soviet Steed my ASS!

young gun

• Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 11:08:02 am
Forgot that I actually bumped into a couple riding on a Ural just after I read this thread :D here's a pic. Personally I love the bike. Very cool!

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 12:43:07 am
A real adventurer mate of mine loves in Idaho. He bought a ural. Goes off  the beaten with his wife and dog, loaded up. Enfieldmotorcycles  don't use sidecars too well I heard. Urals are made solid and the sidecars are balanced well etc making them the best rugged sidecar bike.

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 03:25:21 pm
Pathetic! The top reason why one should not buy a Ural. A bike named after a chain of mountains and these riders have to use every ounce of energy to cross a stream. Really pathetic! I could ford that stream on a tricycle pulled by a couple Great Danes without as much effort. Truly one of the most pathetic videos I have been subjected to. Hog Wash......Ural Trash.......Climb that POS up a redwood and I might buy one. Soviet Steed my ASS!

Don't hold back now.  Tell us how you really feel!   ;D

You should give a Ural a test ride some day.  I have never met anyone whose ridden one who didn't end the ride with an aching grin on their face.

The Ural, much like any other motorcycle out there is not the end-all, be-all, evolutionary pinnacle of motorcycling.  It has a niche that it fills quite well though.  It was never designed to cross rivers like the one in the video and that's one of the reasons the video is interesting.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 05:27:08 pm

Don't hold back now.  Tell us how you really feel!   ;D

You should give a Ural a test ride some day.  I have never met anyone whose ridden one who didn't end the ride with an aching grin on their face.

The Ural, much like any other motorcycle out there is not the end-all, be-all, evolutionary pinnacle of motorcycling.  It has a niche that it fills quite well though.  It was never designed to cross rivers like the one in the video and that's one of the reasons the video is interesting.

Cheers,

Dan K.

Truly not a Ural hater, just was rippin on the video of these guys fording the stream. Really was just FN around and new I would get a rise out of the Ural faithful.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

Uncle Billy

• Bulleteer
  • Still knee dragging (now and then) after 60 years.
Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 08:29:13 pm
Oh, I see, you're a troll!  I was hoping this forum would avoid such an infestation.
2019 Royal Enfield 650 GT
2014 Royal Enfield 535 GT
1984 HONDA VF750 INTERCEPTOR
1975 Yamaha DT 100
1973 Yamaha RD 250 made into a cafe racer in 1975
1973 Yamaha TY 175 Trialer
1966 Yamaha DT 125 Enduro   X2

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 10:37:56 pm
I don't understand the animosity toward Urals.

I don't either, I have three bikes in my garage, a 2000 Enfield, a 1994 Ural w/hack and a 1959 Harley FL. I love them all, along with just about any other brand motorcycle. Their all cool, some just more than others.

+1
            Yes, 'they're' all cool. Never trash another man's bike.

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 10:48:35 pm
Funny, I want a URAL just so I CAN do stupid shit like crossing over a raging river.  ;D   Well, that and so I can take my Bulldog for rides and dress up like Indiana Jones for Halloween.  ;)

You're my new hero  :) ;)

AND you can paint      ;) ;) ;)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.