Author Topic: Insurance to stay away from  (Read 3239 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 01:52:13 am
Remember when GEICO was donating all those LTI laser guns to police departments across the country?  They made a killing on hitting their policy holders for fees when they got caught speeding.  Genius!  Not a great PR move though.

Well, if you're not breaking the law you don't have anything to worry about.  And let's not kid ourselves, EVERY insurance company is there to profit off of the people.  If you're a bad driver/rider you deserve to pay more than everyone else.

And now that Arizoni brought it up, my $11 a month insurance is for the absolute top of the line best coverage I could get, including free tow recovery up to 500 miles.  So Geico can supply all the radar guns they want, they are taking care of me.  And I don't break the law......  On occupied roads.  I do my messing around out in the country with no one else around.    ;)

Scottie J
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:35:45 pm by NField Gearman »
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 03:16:12 pm
Arizoni:  A million dollar umbrella policy is a good add on vehicle..I have my cars and home under Cincinnati Insurance Co..After working 40 years, I don't want any headaches/ BS with liability issues with all the dum dum in the world  :o
Oh Magoo you done it again

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 10:19:40 pm
My home and my other vehicles are all covered by a million dollar policy.  The company doesn't insure motorcycles or I would add my RE.

As it was explained to me by my late father-in-law who was a CLU (comparable with a Doctorate in Insurance), if you carry low value policies, the insurance companies don't get interested in defending you if you need it.

If you have a million dollar policy and your being charged with being negligent, they get real interested in your troubles, real fast.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Norm

• Bulleteer
  • Ride it daily for best results.
Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 12:45:45 am
IMO, getting far more insurance coverage than the minimum is a good idea.

If you get into a wreck and it could be in any way your fault you might have a severe problem.
With cars easily costing $50,000 to replace and medical coverage for anyone injured easily costing over $100,000 (each) you better hope your insurance can cover it.

I'm carrying $50,000/ $100,000/$300,000 on my RE and although it does cost a bit more than the lower coverage, I hopefully will still have a bit of money in my retirement fund if I ever get blamed for an accident.
+1   Those are my limits as well.
Ride like you are invisible.
Arizona