Author Topic: High performance rocker arms.  (Read 2447 times)

cochi

• Grease Monkey
on: July 23, 2008, 06:07:06 pm
Hi fellas, I need a little advice. I was thinking of purchasing the high performance rocker arms from CMW. I am interested in the light weight arms in the steel blocks. According to the catalog,  these are a  hybrid. The arms are the from the alloy Assembly that have been machined to fit into the high performance steel blocks. These arms are supposed to have a better geometry than the stock. I've noticed that the lash caps on my o3 Bullet are becoming cupped, (dished out). I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these units.   Thanks, cochi :)                                             

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:46:18 pm
How many miles does the bike have? If its less than ,say 10,000 or so(maybe 20,000) I would think it is a heat treating issue and not the geometry. How bad could the geometry be after 50 years of continuous production?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:28:25 pm
The valve caps have a tendency to dish like this. The newer bikes do not use them. This will not be any better or worse with either the stock rocker arms or the hybrid ones.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 06:55:38 pm
Hi guys, thanks for the advice. I ordered the new rockers and some fresh lash caps. I had a couple of extra bucks and I haven't tinkered with the Bullet since last summer.  These rockers are supposed to direct oil to the valve stems. This should help a bit with heat dissipation. cochi :D P.S. I also joined the Royal Enfield Association!!!