Author Topic: I Taught A Cop Something About Marijuana  (Read 1788 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 26, 2014, 07:18:40 pm
I went over to my good friends house last night to meet his brother and sister-in-law who rode their bikes out here from Salt Lake City.  I didn't realize that Adam was a police officer back in Utah and I had started talking about medicinal marijuana.  My friend Paul looks at me and says "You know he's a cop right?"  Jokingly I said "Aaah shit" and pretended to get out of my chair and leave.  Anyways, I started telling him how the different chemicals in marijuana effect the human body differently.  The chemical THC is what makes a person feel high, but the other chemicals CBD and CBDA is what actually helps with pain control for patients with chronic pain.  I started to explain to him that I like going to the dispensary that I go to because all of their product is lab tested, so when I go there I am able to look at the product chemical contents to help me decide which strain will work best for me.  For example, the last marijuana I bought was only 9% THC but 14.5% CBD and 14.2% CBDA.  When I smoke a bowl of this stuff, usually just a few puffs, I can make my back and knees stop hurting almost completely while only having a slight buzz and not feeling wasted.

Even tho he is PRO legalized marijuana, he had no idea of the science that has been going into it to actually provide benefits to those suffering from chronic pain, insomnia, PTSD (which I also have) and several other diseases and symptoms.  Also, scientists and doctors have recently discovered that CDB not only helps pain control, but it is also curing some terminal illnesses such as certain types of cancer and brain tumors.  Doctors have discovered that CDB is able to determine healthy human cell tissue from cell tissue that has been damaged by tumors and cancer.  It is somehow able to go into the damaged cell tissue and starts repairing it.  It's pretty crazy, but it's true.

And to end this story on an even better note, Adam knows of the Royal Enfields and told me that he has been looking at buying a new Continental GT or a new B5 for a city commuter.   :)

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:07:46 am
Nothing like a few facts to shake things up.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 12:53:49 pm
You should make him watch the Documentary by Sanjay Gupta, it's pretty straight forward and since he's a doc, he gets to the point!

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 01:47:24 pm
Don't think I've seen that particular documentary.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 01:53:41 pm
Here's the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrVXRZY1_x0

I knew that the lame anti-marijuana propaganda was just a brain-washer but I learnt a lot of things via this Documentary. Good watch!

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 05:04:49 pm
I know a guy who drinks a case of bud light every 2 days and likes to complain about all the pot heads floating around.......It takes all kind I guess and I think of the "Sword of Damocles" hanging over all our heads when it comes to our over- consumption of processed foods, alcohol, grass, salt, sugar, etc.  ...I would vote to decriminalize grass possession but keep the laws on the books for anything higher...The cops are just doing their job with the existing laws on the book in your specific locale...Then again, when the last time someone got  ticket for jaywalking or throwing litter.....When the dust settles, we'll get a better pic  which direction the financial pendulum is shifting and into what coffer the dinero is being deposited......GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 05:09:29 pm
When the dust settles, we'll get a better pic  which direction the financial pendulum is shifting and into what coffer the dinero is being deposited......GM

I hate to say it, but that is what's going to be the driving factor in all this...  >:(

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 05:41:25 pm
It's an interesting time here in Denver.  First of all, just given the situation here, we are paving the way for decriminalization and /or legalization of weed for possibly the entire country.  What makes it very interesting is that we have lived our entire lives living in fear of the police when having just a small bud in our pocket.  Now, I just go to the store and buy it and pretty much smoke where ever I want.  Now, just for the record the police will NOT hesitate to arrest you for DUI if you are driving stoned, yet I still haven't had a cop say anything to me for just smoking.  But on the other hand it is still awkward to sit outside of the garage and just light up a joint or a bowl and smoke freely without being judged, harassed or even arrested.  Just yesterday I was standing on the sidewalk next to my car listening to music and packing a bowl with friends.  A couple walks down the sidewalk and the man says "Yay, free smells." and smiles as they walk past us.  I offered for them to join us and he replies "Oh, no thanks.  We have plenty of our own."  Definitely not a conversation that would have randomly occur on the street 10 or more years ago.

Scottie J

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 07:36:56 pm
Colorado should clear out all the people incarsorated for pot crimes from there prisons.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 08:28:00 pm
They actually have been.  Crime has also dropped like 13% +.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 09:35:26 pm
Crime has also dropped like 13% +

That's interesting but too soon to know if those numbers have any association with Colo decriminalization efforts...The state and federal penal colonies should be for people who have committed heinous crimes against "persons" or their property...What a waste of resources it's been for the past 50 years going after the grass smokers...Even if you don't agree, you can agree that's it's been the biggest bust since the 18th amendment was enacted by the saloon league..
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:38:38 pm by GreenMachine »
Oh Magoo you done it again