Author Topic: Finally!!!! finally.....its here  (Read 2464 times)

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
  • I am like....no big deal!
on: June 25, 2014, 10:42:03 pm
Hi dear friends...my "black bull" is finally here after eluding me for 4 loooong months!!!!  ;D but, i am a happy man today. Having had absolutely no experience with RE in the past, it feel like a body massager on steroids  ;)...every bone, every hair on my body has been shaken....i know i know its still early days and that i need to run her in. After that either the vibes are gonna go down or i will have gotten used to it...here are a coupld of pics taken from my hubble cell phone cam. So please excuse the poor quality...will post better pics soon...wish me luck
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:01:23 pm
So, the domestic B5 has a carburetor after all - and as I recall, you said as much in an earlier post.

It makes no sense here in the USA, but I must admit I do like a saree guard on these things!

Congratulations, and enjoy!

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:13:20 pm
 Thank you Mattsz :) Yes, the domestic market only get Carb version of the Bullet 500. The saree guard has been mandated by the Indian Govt for all motorcycles sold in the country.
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 09:26:13 am
Congrats mate. Nice bike indeed. Enjoy, and of course, ride safe!
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 02:37:09 pm
Thank you Mate :)
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 02:40:46 pm
Happy days!
 :)
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 03:01:03 pm
Sure are Ace  ;D....but don't know how long the happines will last as the monsoon are coming in pretty soon :(....so by Bull may be sitting pretty inside the garrage untill the rain gods are out of stock....
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

retrolynn

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 04:23:56 pm
Subbu:Beautiful bike! Looks like mine, I picked up yesterday,but mine is forest green.I rode it 100 miles at the dealers city,had the oil and filter changed,tightened one nut,and rode it home,120 miles over the pass.When I filled up ,with no alcohol 91 octane,I got over 80 mpg!.The ride home was in the wind,and some rain,and cold,and I had no problems.The bike ran better as the miles increased. I kept it not over 45mph,and varied the speed.The only issue,is the headlight. How do you adjust it?I hope you enjoy your bike!
Lynn

FastDoc

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 04:31:58 pm
Nice bike! :D

After your ass and hands stay numb, and your dental fillings fall out you'll hardly notice the vibration. ;)
Happily riding in the southeast Washington desert
Bikes owned:

2004 Ducati ST4S-ABS
2007 Honda Gold Wing 1800
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S Dualsport
1998 Yamaha YZ400F racebike converted to Dualsport
2011 Royal Enfield C5 Classic Chrome

Other stuff:

2002 Maule airplane
1996 Corvette
1992 Ranger 4X4

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 04:52:18 pm
Thanks Retrolynn :) congrads to you on your B5 ...Forest green is a beautiful color too. I was told by the dealer not to take it above 35 mph for the first 300 miles though..45 mph is like 75 kmph. How were the vibes at that speed? Not sure if we can compare our machines as mine has a carb. About the headlight, i found it to be pretty ok both in terms of brightness and throw for in-citi rides, have not hit the open roads yet so will comment on it once i have done that. I guess the seats are the same, how did you like it? I feel it is a little too hard...but it could just be me as i do not have much flesh around my butt bones...heheheh   ;)
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:38 pm
Congrats on the beautiful bike!  Just so you know, a lot of other people have mentioned that the seat is very hard when new, but does break in nicely and gets more comfy as you put more miles on the bike.

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 09:13:19 pm
Congratulations. I have a 2013 B5 in the same color. Unfortunately it has FI, but a carb conversion is in it's future.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 09:25:47 pm
Congrats Subbu. I find the current seat very comfortable and I'm not blessed either. I'd go as far to say perhaps one of the most out of the different bikes I've had. I have about 3.7k on the clock.

If I go the single saddle route, at least it will be easy to convert back.

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 10:08:57 pm
Thank you!!!i am relieved to know that it gets comfy with time....Why would you take a step backward and get a carb?? I know there were a few reported issues with the earlier EFI modles but afaik, most of them have been fixed .And you get the 1 additional bhp and wee bit more torque out of the EFI units...i opted for the carb version (standard is the only 500 cc that gets carb) coz i was not sure if the so called RE services centers here had enough technical know how of these EFI systems and so did not want to take a chance. But i believe you guys have access to the best engineers and equipment! so why go back to carb?
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 10:37:53 pm
To me a carb is better. I don't really care for electronics on vehicles. I am into both vintage bikes and cars. They are simple and easy to work on, and you can tinker with them. I bought the Enfield because I wanted the experience of a vintage British bike, and couldn't afford then real thing. Except for the EFI, the Enfield pretty much is the real thing, other than it is new. Just like my Genuine Stella scooter (known elsewhere as the LML Star, also made in India) it is the same as a vintage Vespa. I also like the tube type tires, non O-ring chain, kickstarter, and even the old fashioned battery is growing on me. If it were possible, I would also have a front drum brake and points ignition. Many don't understand this. It's recreation to me. No one has ridden a horse in the U.S. because they had to for over a century, yet many love to ride them for fun. Sort of the same principal.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson