Author Topic: Tan C5 arriving at the dealers on wednesday  (Read 3476 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 23, 2014, 09:57:32 am
just got an email from the dealer - my bike has left the aust importer in melbourne victoria and should arrive at the wollongong nsw showroom on wednesday. pity snow predicted in this area for tuesday and wed so the pick-up will be later on in the week.
sure hope this one lives up to expectations as i'm running out of options on these enfields! lol
on another note it will be good to see if there is/are any improvement over the previous models i have purchased.
as a rule royal enfield motorcycles in india appears to sneak the odd improvement or adjustment to their bikes rather than tell you. i've noticed on previously purchased C and B 5's that they do listen and take note. headlight wiring - head steady- fuse box. if only they could supply a descemt chain.
So on pick-up i will give this tan job a good look over. Picked a new dealer this time to buy the bike off. All my purchases are in cash and last time the dealer didn't honor the deal with a free crash helmet. waited 2 months then asked and they said they'd forgotton about it. unfortunate for them so that mistake cost them this sale.
Nothing worse than some-one who's word is no good and just after the money.....only my opinion but at least you know where i stand!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:29:22 am
Well, you certainly know what to look for when you give it the once-over!  Good luck!!!

Love that "tan" color scheme...

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:43:58 am
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 02:02:54 pm
It's a great looker . Who knows , maybe you'll find it's a keeper :)
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

krimp

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 04:41:54 pm
Wildbill, I've got the same color C5. From the description of older C5s belonging to others, I think you might be pleasantly surprised. On mine, I've noticed a several nylon locking nuts, including one on the rear axel. It takes the place of the old castle nut. In the 600+ miles I've put on her, I've only found one nut that came loose. And that was on the exhaust.
Living in beautiful Colorado Springs, Co.
2014 Cream C5

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 06:39:43 pm
RE does in fact make running changes. Sometimes we find out from our customers and dealers. We get changes from the factory but all are after the fact. Frustrating at times, but I would rather they just keep marching forward.

BTW - the tan is my new favorite color. It has taken years for me to get over the discontinuation of the Blue Deluxe.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Russ

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 08:37:35 pm
Regarding the drive chain. My 2014 C5 has an 0-ring chain. Is that new or does anyone have any experience with these on the RE??

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 11:12:55 pm
Snow in Wollongong? Photos or it didn't happen ! :P.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 03:21:34 am
Great Colour - am Perth (Western Australia) based, agreed to buy a used one, then found a Cream one was arriving & when I saw it - out came the $$$$ (& way higher than USA). Just taken delivery of a pair of Tan Leather seats from India as bike came with black not the Tan & Upswept as brochure.
Other changes are minuscule indicators :)

LOVE it nearly as much as the Forum - P.s a Real Rerto Pom as "Toy" is an 88 LOTUS ESPRIT - and if you think RE's need attention - try a Lotus :) Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious  :(
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 11:32:51 am
Hopefully this one will work out graham!
Crazy they didn't remember the helmet. They should be bending over backwards for you after all the bikes you bought from them! They're loss.
So did you get this one from the North Wollongong dealer? My chain and sprocket are healthy as since I kept moto ciclo away from my bike...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:35:11 am by Sectorsteve »

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 10:57:15 am
gizzo
snow in orange. doubt if it has ever snowed in Wollongong...lol

dickim
thought about a lotus about 3 years ago - an Elise. bought a z4 instead - no better should have gone lotus

Sectorsteve
yeah even I'm getting tired of buying these bikes but like a good bet - one more try ...lol snow predicted here for the next couple of days so after i goes i will get in the hi ace and go collect
hard to believe the transporters wanted $600 from Wollongong to orange and 6 or 7 weeks ago i had that BMW Z3 transported from newcastle to orange for $350. hard to figure that one out.

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 04:29:48 pm
did you ship the bike yet?
hey just a thought, but id ride it to orange for ya if you paid my train ticket back! will save you a bomb. id take it slow. new engine...

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 06:10:59 am
sectorsteve
just saw your reply when i went back through these threads to find this particular one. thanks and good offer and would have worked something out with you. my daughter had to go to Sydney to get her eyebrows done etc etc so she said she might as well drive the hi-ace and go the extra distance to Wollongong and pick it up for me.
as of now the bike has been loaded and is in transit. thanks again for the offer and was appreciated.

Royal Stargazer

• I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 06:26:34 am
I'm slowly coming round to the blonde finish.

I've seen some great-looking white bullets in the past, too, and I'm honestly hoping that comes back.
2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT, A racer for more than just cafes
2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Two doors too many
2003 Royal Enfield Bullet, two-wheeled time machine

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 07:03:39 am
well i have not actually seen one in the flesh so i hope it lives up to expectations. i don't like the idea much going shopping again for another one...lol