Author Topic: It Happens To The Best Of Us Too......  (Read 3822 times)

DanKearney

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 03:00:28 am
The weird part is that I screw around on the bike quite a bit.  But I never break anything or get hurt when screwing around.  It's always when I'm behaving that something bad happens.

Sorry to read of your mishap Scottie.

I'm guessing that when you're messing about, you're concentrating on your riding, which might explain why you're less likely to have a mishap.  My personal experience is that boredom and distraction are my enemies on the bike.  (Long straight roads and sound wired into the helmet. . .)

Glad you're OK and the bike is still ride-able.

Cheers,

Dan K.

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 02:18:08 pm
Bad luck old chap! The sand caught me out in a similar way years ago on a Kawasaki . I'm pleased that neither you nor the bike sustained any real damage. It's a sudden shock to the system though , slipping out like that at low speed. Hope you're back up already .
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 02:25:34 pm
Yep!  The bike is mostly fine.  I actually did about 150 miles yesterday for a Bike Fest down in Colorado Springs.  :)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #18 on: June 23, 2014, 02:36:50 pm
Awesome! Wish I could say the same .
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.