Author Topic: Whooo Hooo gave birth today :)  (Read 3584 times)

Hewie

• Hewie
  • Scooter
on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:35 pm
Stock made a delivery today, Although put the front wheel, on rode it to the registration centre (which is allowed).  However Rego centre  closed, so rode it home unregistered, got  pulled over by the police Nearly done for driving an unregistered  vehicle as  you are only allowed to drive to the Rego Centre, No where  else unregistered, But he let me off with a caution  :-[
Hewie
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Riding:
2014 - Royal Enfield Continental GT
2012- Harley Davidson 883 Sportster
2010 - Triumph Bonneville T100
"Remember, when in doubt, use full throttle!  It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense....!"

Hewie

• Hewie
  • Scooter
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:36:44 pm
Hmmm!  similiar to My episode riding the GT not Registered   :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heP3Pb30VzI

Hewie
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Riding:
2014 - Royal Enfield Continental GT
2012- Harley Davidson 883 Sportster
2010 - Triumph Bonneville T100
"Remember, when in doubt, use full throttle!  It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense....!"

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:42:05 pm
Congrats!  ;D Enjoy and ride safe  :D
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:16:52 pm
Stoked ! What's the chances,being pulled over so soon?  Lucky you got let off . The cops up there got number plate recognition cameras? They got them in SA, makes them lazy and is a good risk to be swapping plates. The camera just checks the plate is registered but not that it matches the bike. Not that I would endorse such shocking behavior...
If you don't have the factory sport pipe,you might want to consider the motad one from hitchcocks. Looks and sounds better.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:19:02 pm by gizzo »
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

tpelle

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 04:45:51 pm
Well, it's good that he left you off!  This is a good example of use of discretion in law enforcement - something that seems to be becoming more and more rare.  Obviously the intent of the law is to prevent people from driving around without having registered and licensed the vehicle.  In this case you were trying your best to comply, and it was no fault of yours that the office wasn't open (although next time maybe check their web site or call ahead to make sure they are open).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:03:13 pm by tpelle »
Remember, when riding a horse, you are not actually in charge, but are just another voting member.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 05:37:43 pm
Here in California they give you a scrap of paper as a temporary reg while you wait weeks for the metal plate to be mailed. The dealer handles all the transactions. Three days into riding my C5 a cop pulled me over for no plate. It took me about 20 minutes to explain the process to him.

Congrats on the new bike!

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 06:26:29 pm
When I bought my G5, Cantafordia was trying to get the budget passed, as usual, and about 6 months behind for registrations. I had had my bike for 6 months when I got pulled over up by the Rock Store because I didn't have a tag. The cop really didn't believe that I didn't have one yet, so he called in to get the story. I guess DMV said the check is in the mail, so his parting words were ," Be sure to put the tag on when you get it." What the hell did he think I was going to do with it?
I got the tag about 2 weeks later.
When I got to the Rock Store,all the guys who had passed me while I was stopped had to find out what the cop stopped me for. I guess I disappointed them in that it was just no tag. Or maybe they were glad because I had the cop tied up and he couldn't nab them!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 06:48:38 pm
In Arizona you can print a temp tag good for three days so long as the purpose of using the vehicle is to prepare for registration (other types of vehicles may require proof of insurance and emissions testing and whatnot). It costs all of $1.00 to do it and can be done 24/7 on the website. Might be worth checking if your area has something similar.

Congrats on the bike!
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av