Author Topic: Howdy yall  (Read 2345 times)

Jellyroll

• Grease Monkey
on: June 19, 2014, 06:51:05 am
I'm dropping in for the first time although, for a while, I've had a problem with getting an I.P. change to stick, and with it an inability to join the forum.  That said, I'm mighty glad to finally meet yall. Been reading every day since I purchased my GT, #32 of the initial 38(got a copy o' the shippin' bill right here, yep we's K A T smart out this way). And how I discovered the GT and the ensuing journey to snap this bike up is a story in itself. Which, by the way, was hand written onto several sheets of quality lined paper roughly ripped out of a spiral notebook with a puppy on the cover, stuffed into the survey packet  and will be mailed back to Mr. Mahoney(howdy to ya, Kevin) as soon as I grab a ride from my buddy to Killeen Power Sports(just outside Ft. Hood) day after tamarrah. It's been paid for in cash, in advance, back a while ago.
In a nutshell, the dealership didn't know a thing about the GT till I told them about it. I said if you can get one(of the initial shipment-they hadn't sailed from India yet) they had a guaranteed sale. Todd and Neill, the two sales guys I worked with, were able to secure one for me, and I got that beast nailed, flailed, and im-freakin'-paled by the end of the month. The bike was so cool, and I had things going on that I agreed to let them keep it on display for a month to let interest fester up. I contacted Todd, he told me they made another sale 'cause I left it with 'em. Now, the month is up, and I'm going to collect. Just insurance is needed, I have the BLUE title and my license plate already.
Now yall, there's lots of little details that make up this whole story, and I will endeavor to cover it all in detail, 'cause there's a bunch of people who need mentionin' that made this journey so interesting and entertaining. It has been a blast!
You Are
What You Do
When It Counts

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:11:06 pm
Congrats, man. Looks like the GT is attracting a bunch of new blood to the Enfield brand. I did a similar thing, decided I had to have one ages ago and got one on pre order. Wasn't in need of a new bike, just wanted this. Hope you like yours. And on behalf of GT owners, welcome to the forum .
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

hyperhad

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:27:50 am
Yes, congrats on the new GT.  You will love riding it, and love talking to all the people who want to know more about it.  Keep us informed how it goes.  There is a lot of information and expert knowledge on this site.  Ask and you will be answered.  Any insight you can offer will also be appreciated.  Everyone here is ready and willing to help.

Hewie

• Hewie
  • Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 05:01:08 am
Welcome from Australia,

I am generally a one eyed Triumph fan, but received my New GT Yesterday , which was intended for new riders in my family to ride but hey am currently two timing my Triumph Bonneville, as love the GT and decided I should take charge  on running it in :P  Although think I have made a couple of silly mistakes with setting the bike  up  ie Speedo connection to the front  wheel and a little low on oil  :-[

Yes it appears to be a great forum, hence why you have a few ringers from the other side of the pond on it  ;)
Hewie
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Riding:
2014 - Royal Enfield Continental GT
2012- Harley Davidson 883 Sportster
2010 - Triumph Bonneville T100
"Remember, when in doubt, use full throttle!  It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense....!"