Author Topic: Thunder in the Valley, Johnstown, PA  (Read 1830 times)

mtrue77

• Scooter
on: June 15, 2014, 02:40:33 pm
I haven't been able to go for the past couple years, but I hope to attend in a couple weeks (6/28).  Thunder in the Valley is a multi-day motorcycle extravaganza in Johnstown.  I just ride from Pittsburgh on Saturday morning, and spend three or four hours there.  The two or three times I have gone, my Royal Enfield has been the only one among tens of thousands of Harleys.  It attracts a lot of attention.  Anyway, if you're in the area, think about it.  It's a good time.  ( http://visitjohnstownpa.com/thunderinthevalley/ )
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:35:11 pm by mtrue77 »
Michael T
Pittsburgh, PA
2009 AVL

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 02:58:13 pm
Sounds like a great time.  I love going to bike and car shows and swap meets and such.  It's always an exciting time with great rides and fun people.  You never know who you're going to meet or talk to and the stories that they have to share.  Always good times.  Be sure to take some pics and share them with us.  :D

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mtrue77

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 10:57:31 pm
Rode to Johnstown and back.  About 150 miles.  Parked next to a 1948 Harley-Davidson, and spent a while chatting with the owner.  Good time.  The RE attracted a lot of attention.  "Beautiful restoration, man.  Is that '38?"
Michael T
Pittsburgh, PA
2009 AVL

c1skout

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 09:00:42 pm
I'm usually there every year, but this year I was away on a bike trip so I didn't get to go to town at all. I usually see other Enfields there, there are a few old twins still running in the area, and a couple newer Indian made bullets around. Glad you had a nice time.

dviscusi

• connoisseur of the finer things in life
  • Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:51:27 am
1. I just saw this, 2. I'm from and live in pittsburgh, and 3. That's the Saturday I bought my continental GT in Altoona. I passed right by Johnstown, twice. *smack forehead*

next year we ride out together.
2014 royal enfield continental gt