Author Topic: Anybody interested in a Blue Ridge Parkway Get-together next spring????  (Read 35717 times)

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
If anybody is interested we could meet at the "High Country Campground" a few miles off the parkway on Rt. 421. Its never too early to start planning. My bike would do great on the parkway, just thumpin' along at 45 mph, enjoying the scenery. What do you think???? Let me know.....Dew.
If it hurts, you're not dead yet!!!!!

c1skout

• Grease Monkey
What state is that in?

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
I think what he's talking about is the "British in the Blue Ridge" festival held in Hiawassee on the Georgis/Tennessee border. I plan on attending with some of the guys from the Triumph shop where I bought my Electra. The owner of the dealership said it is a great time. I will start planning pretty soon. I understand the festival reserves the entire camp ground, so I will want to reserve my spot early. I just hope someone is coming along with a support vehicle so I don't  have to haul all my camp gear.

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
What state is that in?
North Carolina......Dew

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
I think what he's talking about is the "British in the Blue Ridge" festival held in Hiawassee on the Georgis/Tennessee border. I plan on attending with some of the guys from the Triumph shop where I bought my Electra. The owner of the dealership said it is a great time. I will start planning pretty soon. I understand the festival reserves the entire camp ground, so I will want to reserve my spot early. I just hope someone is coming along with a support vehicle so I don't  have to haul all my camp gear.
Nope, thats not it. Sounds like fun though. This campground is between Boone and North Wilksboro in NC off RT421. Lots of back-roads and the Blue Ridge Parkway (one of the best biking roads in the world) is just about 10 minutes away.  Speed limit is mostly 45 mph and is perfect for cruising on our REs. High country campground is a motorcycle only camp and is a really good place to stay, play, and/or party. So, who wants to go in say......late May of 2008? Give me a shout.......Dew.

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
I'm interested. The more information you can provide the better; and thanks!

Matt

alwscout

• Bulleteer
It's a long ways off for me to plan but I usually go visit family up around Andrews and Murphy that time of year so keep me informed. It sounds like fun.

Adam
REA Member #10

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
Well, there is 3 of us, how about the rest of you. Nice roads, slower speeds, beautiful scenery, cheap camping (or rent the bunkhouse), and those nice, ever present park rangers. Sounds like a good time to me. Will post this again when the time nears....Dew.

Talcecom

• Scooter
I have ridden the BRP from end to end, not on my enfield tho, and it is one of the best rides around. I would like to ride it again so keep us all informed on your plans. Bob.

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
I wish there were more events like this closer to where i live, but that won't happen. Here in NW Florida the roads are too straight and there are few hills. I would love to fine some local RE riding partners however.

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
I have ridden the BRP from end to end, not on my enfield tho, and it is one of the best rides around. I would like to ride it again so keep us all informed on your plans. Bob.
Will do Bob.......Dew.

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
I wish there were more events like this closer to where i live, but that won't happen. Here in NW Florida the roads are too straight and there are few hills. I would love to fine some local RE riding partners however.
All you need is a couple of days of riding time and plenty of back roads and you will be there..........Dew.

dewjantim

• Grease Monkey
I thought maybe that some of us could meet at Fancy Gap Virginia and ride the BRP down to Boone, then go to the campground. Perhaps the guys coming from the south could meet at Ashville and ride up the parkway to Boone. What do you think? Dew.

TRider

• Bulleteer
Would riding The Dragon at Deals Gap be in your plans?
Terry

krodaddy

• Scooter
This sounds like it might be a good event, count me in. Got a date in mind yet? I'm 60 miles from Asheville.
 Barry
Krodaddy