Author Topic: I'm looking to buy a Bullet 500 Chrome looking for some info.  (Read 2791 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
How did you fix it Matt?

How did you obtain replacement fork covers?

FastDoc... here's a post you might find interesting - read the whole thread for a little context:

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,15676.msg183378.html#msg183378

I got replacement covers from CMW; it was a warranty deal.  After much screwing around trying to remove the covers when I had my forks off, I determined, with confirmation from a number of guys smarter than me including the CMW guys, the only way to remove the covers is to drop the steering head; as in, make sure you don't lose any ball bearings when you do.  So, since it's a cosmetic problem, I've decided to wait until I have to get at the steering bearings to switch the covers out...

FastDoc

• Bulleteer
Thanks for the link and info.

Obviously this is a semi common problem in dealer setup. Also it is not as easy to fix as I thought it would be.

When I receive the new tubes I'll put them on a shelf until a front end service is needed. Not worth the work to replace the tube just for the scratches.

Is anyone aware of a spray touch up paint? I may be able to repaint the small area still on the bike...
Happily riding in the southeast Washington desert
Bikes owned:

2004 Ducati ST4S-ABS
2007 Honda Gold Wing 1800
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S Dualsport
1998 Yamaha YZ400F racebike converted to Dualsport
2011 Royal Enfield C5 Classic Chrome

Other stuff:

2002 Maule airplane
1996 Corvette
1992 Ranger 4X4