Author Topic: New England gathering?  (Read 26039 times)

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #90 on: August 19, 2014, 02:15:58 am
I'm planning on taking Rt 202 down through Maine and into NH. I figure it will be a little 3 hours drive time for me as I will need to stop for gas and give the bike a break. Leaving early in the A.M. so I can get there with plenty of day to spare.
I'm usually up at the crack of dawn every day any way

neil

• Bulleteer
  • Neil & Buzzy the Bullet
Reply #91 on: August 19, 2014, 09:18:31 pm
Hi Matt:
I hope your bike is out of the shop and it's roadworthy. Although for iron barrel bullets like mine, that is a very relative term. Buzzy shakes rattles and rolls. The Worley- bits, from down under the tank, are not very quiet but they have kept me moving forward; for almost 23,000 miles now. As long as buzzy keeps going, I'm going to keep on rolling.

Neil and Buzzy the Bullet

ps. hope to many of you this Saturday.

neil

• Bulleteer
Reply #92 on: August 19, 2014, 09:23:03 pm
Oops ! meant to say (hope to see many of you Saturday) Also I can check overnight establishments if any of you want to sleep over before returning to your respective abodes.

Cheers !

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #93 on: August 20, 2014, 01:12:31 am
Thanks Neil - This is a new problem, one which might not ever get any worse.  But I've gotta try to get it sorted, or at least looked at, before the warranty runs out!  Which is very soon...

neil

• Bulleteer
Reply #94 on: August 20, 2014, 06:49:19 pm
Hello Fellow N. E. Enfield riders:

I've been checking the weather for the southern NH area and I'm happy to say partly cloudy to mostly cloudy is the prediction for now right through Sunday. I can't say what it's like for Ct. and Me. Temps are to be in the mid seventies during the day time with fifties at night. I'll be at N.P.S. before noon. I suspect those who will be riding a distance  should make it by 1:00 pm. See Ya there.

Neil and Buzzy the Bullet.

tresser4K

• Scooter
Reply #95 on: August 22, 2014, 02:15:39 am
I may be able to meet up with the CT crowd leaving from East Windsor.
I will be giving the bike I shake-down ride tomorrow after work.

I will see how many bolts are missing at the end of the ride.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #96 on: August 22, 2014, 03:07:44 am
I will see how many bolts are missing at the end of the ride.

We'll save some for when you get here!

neil

• Bulleteer
Reply #97 on: August 23, 2014, 02:02:00 pm
Re Gathering at  N.P.S.
Weather is sunny with blue sky. Temps in lower sixties. Can't say how long it will last, but hope many of you can make it. I'll be at NPS to look at their Triumphs and talk to as many as show up. It should be a good time for all.

neil

• Bulleteer
Reply #98 on: August 23, 2014, 06:45:12 pm
Hi All New England Enfield Riders:
British Day at National Power Sports was a resounding success. I met 4 other Enfield owners / riders. Enfield is a small part of their operation, But it looks like they will be selling many triumphs in the future. I saw a new scrambler type triumph that got my attention. I don't know if I could get a fair trade of Buzzy toward a down payment on the Triumph.  I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, Free food was good, lots of people around and loads of riders. I enjoyed my time there and Buzzy ran good but no where near as quiet and vibration free as the UCE bikes that the other Enfield riders had. No matter, I still love Buzzy, but I'd love a triumph scrambler just as much.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #99 on: August 23, 2014, 09:27:06 pm
I still love Buzzy, but I'd love a triumph scrambler just as much.

I had a Triumph Scrambler that I ended up trading in on a G5. I hated the Scrambler, the RE was the most fun bike I ever owned. the Scrambler is a totally soulless machine, a PITA to work on, didn't handle nearly as well as the RE, Got lousy mileage,and was generally a big disappointment
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #100 on: August 24, 2014, 12:58:14 am
But it looks like they will be selling many triumphs in the future. I saw a new scrambler type triumph that got my attention.

This video sure makes them look fun, especially the dismount at 3:05, wow:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyJZQIViejQ
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #101 on: August 24, 2014, 12:48:19 pm
First of all, an apology: I forgot my camera, so no pics!  :(

It was fun to finally meet up with some forum guys!  I met ruufman58 and hogdad, who rode up from Connecticut, NorEaster came over from Maine, and Neil rode Buzzy over from... well, about 10 miles away.

There were few other Enfields.  One guy had an old iron barrel side-car rig decked out in what I can only describe as an elaborate military/steampunk combo - he also had an original 125 "flying flea" on display.  Late in the day, as I was leaving, I spotted a GT in the lot, but I never knew it was there and I don't know who owns it.

I got a chance to ride a few other Enfields, which I haven't done since I bought mine.

Item of interest:

NPS is obviously expecting their Triumph sales to do well - they've got a lot of bikes, and a lot of real estate devoted to them.  They've got a nicely restored "do-not-touch" Triumph X-75 on display, like this one:

Surprisingly enough, another one just like it rode in to the event under its own power, and won the trophy.

I met a guy with an old Ducati Monster - with 230,000 miles on it.  Original pistons (but not rings), never opened up the bottom end.  He says he's been written up in some magazine, can't remember which one.

I broke one of NPS's demo GTs.  :(  Cruising along a back-road at about 35mph in a group demo ride, the engine light came on.  About 30 seconds later, it began an awful clatter.  I assume it was loss of oil pressure, which messed up the lifters.  I stopped right away, didn't see any oil leaks.  One of the NPS demo guides switched bikes with me and rode it home...

I'd still like to do a proper RE meeting, but it would be nice to get more people to come out.  Maybe next year.  Thanks for making the effort, you guys!

hogdad

• Scooter
  • 2012 C5 Military Special
Reply #102 on: August 24, 2014, 09:51:20 pm
Hello everyone,

It was a very good run yesterday from Berlin, Connecticut to the "New England Gathering" at NPS, Pembroke, NH.

I left home at 6:00 AM, met ruufman58 (Mike) and his beautiful 2013 RE G5 Deluxe at 6:30 and headed Northeast through Massachusetts and into New Hampshire. NPS was buzzing with lots of activity when we arrived at about 10:45.

NPS did a wonderful job welcoming us with a special area to park, and supplying food and refreshments. They certainly have a excellent facility with an acre of motorcycles. It was good to meet Mike, Matt and Neil, but I never did get to meet NorEaster (sorry, maybe next time).

Both bikes ran fine, and ruufman58 led us on a wonderful back-roads farm route thru Massachusetts on our return. The weather was mostly sunny with 60 degree temps.

I arrived home at 5:30 PM showing 7:28 hours saddle time, 360 miles, Max speed 67MPH, 4.7 gallons of fuel (75.2 MPG).

It was a very good day, thanks to all who made it happen.

Barry
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Military
2009 H-D Road Glide FLTR
2003 Triumph Bonneville T100
2000 H-D Electra Glide
1980 H-D FXS Low Rider
1979 H-D XLS Roadster
1978 Triumph Bonneville
1969 BSA Lightning
1966 BSA Lightning