Author Topic: New England gathering?  (Read 26252 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #75 on: August 11, 2014, 11:32:30 pm
Well Matt:

I think they are relying on you to get the word out to Enfield Riders. If we get a group together they will probably hustle out to get whatever supplies they need while this is going on. Possibly they are going to announce their British day on another Date. Not a problem for me, I'd just like to meet-up with other Enfield riders. I'm going to check it out, planning or no.

Neil and Buzzy the Bullet.

Neil -

That's not the impression I got.  This was sounding like a major event that they were planning to attract interest in their new Triumph dealership-ness, and there were only a couple of possible dates available to them.  The latest couple of communications I had with my contact there said,

We will be doing extensive radio advertising of the event as well as cross promoting with Iron and Air Magazine and the British Beer Company so I'm sure there will be plenty of people here.

and at the end of July,

I'm meeting with the head chef from British Beer Company tomorrow to plan the food for the event.

Maybe I'm just too anal about these things (after all, I'm the one that always arrives at the movie half an hour early), but I just don't understand why they haven't come up with anything by now.

I'm not worried one way or the other; the original plan, after all, was just for us to have a place to meet, and that's what will happen regardless.  The only Enfield riders I can get the word out to are the ones that frequent this forum - they're the only ones I know!  There's only 11 guys on our NE list; NPS is one of North America's more successful Enfield dealers, so they've got a lot bigger list of names (mostly UCE owners, I imagine) than I do!  They said they were going to contact their Enfield customer list with an announcement about the event, so if it works out, hopefully we'll see a good turnout.  They're closed today, Monday, but I dropped them an email to ask if they had any publicity info ready yet - nothing on their website that I could find, but if/when I get something, I'll post it here.

I was hoping maybe to get with whichever Maine guys were going to come, but I'll be in NH already by Thursday morning, to deliver my bike to their shop.  If I get my bike back before the day, maybe I could meet up somewhere with whoever is coming from the east to ride in together.  Or, if anybody is spending the night nearby, perhaps a "local" Saturday afternoon ride somewhere could be planned?

Regardless, I'll be there and I look forward to meeting whoever makes it!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #76 on: August 16, 2014, 12:51:53 am
The latest:

http://www.nationalpowersports.net/OpenHouse.aspx

As suspected, it doesn't say, "Oh, and if you've got an Enfield, bring it, because there's a meet-up here for you guys, too!"

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: August 16, 2014, 01:50:50 pm
Ah!  But they are advertising "Free Food"!  So there should be a good turn out.  ;D
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #78 on: August 16, 2014, 03:18:35 pm
But, it's free British food...  ;)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #79 on: August 16, 2014, 03:39:05 pm
But, it's free British food...  ;)

Fish N Chips?!  Even better!    ;D
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

guss,guss

• Grease Monkey
  • picture is not actual bulleteer
Reply #80 on: August 16, 2014, 04:32:35 pm
"well I've never been to England, but i kinda like the Beatles. "
 and  i hear you don't go there for great food.
 too bad its all the way in NH. sounds like fun.
Kill em all, let God sort em out. 
 Have a nice day.

neil

• Bulleteer
  • Neil & Buzzy the Bullet
Reply #81 on: August 16, 2014, 07:07:17 pm
HI all:
I won't mind the slight from N.P.S. as long as the British Beer Company has a few bacon butter sandwiches on hand. Better known as bacon sandies to the Brits, they are a sure cure for early am hungry, cold / wet Enfield riders.
Neil and Buzzy the Bullet

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #82 on: August 16, 2014, 09:28:05 pm
Sorry, that's bacon SARNIES! Anglo-Saxon soul food... :) Often cheap streaky bacon served on fairly disgusting factory-produced sliced white bread, though the quality varies from cafe to cafe (or roadside stand). When made with good smoked back bacon and really nice bread they are an absolute joy, and the undoing of many a vegetarian.

Bon apétit!

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #83 on: August 16, 2014, 11:39:45 pm
Back-bacon?  Sorry, that's Canadian soul food!  ;)

See you next weekend, Neil!  I'll come prepared to blow my diet...

neil

• Bulleteer
  • Neil & Buzzy the Bullet
Reply #84 on: August 17, 2014, 03:30:12 pm
Hey Adrian !
Nice to hear from a fellow from across the pond. I know, I found one of the older posts from people on the Bullet Mania Web site about Bacon Sarnies. Didn't know what they were talking about. Now I know. All I could think about was bacon Sandies. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'll be at the British Day at National Power Sports but I bet they won't be serving Bacon Sarnies. I read about them on the Bullet Mania web site when they had gatherings sunday mornings at South End. Sounded like great times in the UK.

Neil and Buzzy the Bullet 

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #85 on: August 17, 2014, 07:20:45 pm
Neil -

I'm gonna call the British Beer Company and make a special request...

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #86 on: August 18, 2014, 12:59:35 am
Would that be free beer, too?

Neil, sadly the Bullet Mania web site seems to have gone dormant, though it's still up there on Yahoo. (Southend is still there, too.)

Great times in the UK, then the economic downturn and the loss of the traditional Bullet models happened, which I think took a lot of the enthusiasm away. This forum still manages to have quite a high level of support, and I hope it will continue.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #87 on: August 18, 2014, 01:16:36 am
Would that be free beer, too?

No idea, but I sort of hope not...

ruufman58

• Scooter
Reply #88 on: August 18, 2014, 11:02:55 pm
On Saturday hogdad and I will be meeting at 6:30 am to head up to the New Hampshire get together.If anyone else wants to ride with us we will be meeting off exit 45 off of rte 91 in East Windsor Ct.This is the gas station next door to the Burger King.We will leave by 6:35!
2013 G5Deluxe riding since 72

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #89 on: August 19, 2014, 12:14:55 am
If you guys have a route planned, let us know here.  I may be on my bike, in Exeter NH, looking to hook up with somebody heading toward Concord...