Author Topic: Higher lift with stock cams - a possibility?  (Read 6556 times)

kylohere

• Scooter
on: May 09, 2014, 10:05:03 am
Okay, so this might seem silly to even think of to the more initiated Bullet folk here, but I was wondering if it is possible to improve lift with a stock cam.

If we were to somehow add in a multiplying effect into the rockers, can we not achieve a larger throw?

What do you guys think? Ridiculous? Done before?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:11:46 am by kylohere »

kylohere

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:13:32 am
And if indeed it is possible and has been done before, how has this been achieved?

chumma7

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 12:37:42 pm
We've been working on a couple designs for about a year now with great results. Making adequate lift was the easy first step, preventing premature block wear was the second hurdle. Cost effective manufacturing without sacrificing our design is whats next. Here's a sneak peak at our latest prototype:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSYbmCvktaI

They should be ready in the next few months.
ACE Fireball 001

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 12:52:57 pm
I remember these!! I think :D

-Sanket

cafeman

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 01:15:40 pm
You would be talking about high ratio rocker arms. The pushrod socket on the rocker would be closer to its fulcrum.  Pretty common on v8 engines. I'd like to see some roller rockers as well.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 01:25:21 pm
You would be talking about high ratio rocker arms. The pushrod socket on the rocker would be closer to its fulcrum.  Pretty common on v8 engines. I'd like to see some roller rockers as well.

Okay, here you go.
First, the Ace GP Billet Roller Rocker kit with high-port head mods.
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,17488.0.html

Next, the Ace GP Roller Rocker conversion for the Bullet Big Head.
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,16411.

Both currently available, and a street version of the Big Head GP is currently on the road, and another one currently being fitted to one of the most competitive racing Bullets on the UK Vintage Motorcycle Racing circuit.

For the Ace Billet GP package on the regular Bullet head, we have 5 in the shop here being done, and should be completed soon.

All these require head modifications for installation. they cannot "drop in" to a normal head. You can't make a Bullet valve lift this high without special valves and springs and mods. We are the only ones in the world who do it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:33:24 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

chumma7

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 01:41:02 pm
Dost you were the first to see the drawings that become the prototypes in that video.
I remember these!! I think :D

-Sanket
ACE Fireball 001

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 03:16:31 pm
Good days!

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 03:48:39 pm
Good days!

Sanket,
The roller rockers we use on the Big Head will fit the AVL. But it requires head porting mods and new valves/springs to make it all work, so we'd need to have your head here.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 04:35:58 pm
Tom - I am stocking up parts and next plan is Head and other stuff. My friends keep going to US (Pao Alto) for Business Tours so I can send it to you guys via them. I have everything in Plan but few screw ups here and there so in some time I will know how much money I will be able to invest on Motorcycling stuff. Life is a mess! and I seriously want a Hybrid of Asbo and Fireball, hope things work out good for me.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 04:57:20 pm
Tom - I am stocking up parts and next plan is Head and other stuff. My friends keep going to US (Pao Alto) for Business Tours so I can send it to you guys via them. I have everything in Plan but few screw ups here and there so in some time I will know how much money I will be able to invest on Motorcycling stuff. Life is a mess! and I seriously want a Hybrid of Asbo and Fireball, hope things work out good for me.

Okay Sanket.
I hope things go well.

Probably next week I am going to post some photos of Tooseevee's AVL head work on that other thread, so you can see some of the stuff we are doing to AVL.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 04:58:20 pm
Great! :D

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 05:55:43 pm
We've been working on a couple designs for about a year now with great results. Making adequate lift was the easy first step, preventing premature block wear was the second hurdle. Cost effective manufacturing without sacrificing our design is whats next. Here's a sneak peak at our latest prototype:

Your bike sounds soooo good.
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

solg

• Grease Monkey
  • /Users/solgualtieri/Desktop/165532_489778052839_61
Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 06:31:20 pm

Thanks for the teaser! I can't wait!
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. FZ

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 06:36:01 pm

Thanks for the teaser! I can't wait!
Oh, you'll wait. :)
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120