Author Topic: NEED PARTS  (Read 1863 times)

kingrock

• Scooter
  • 2010 c5 military/ The green Goddess
on: May 08, 2014, 11:44:36 am
Long story short. Need stays for front fender. N field no help. Nearest dealer 150+ miles away. Contacted 3 dealers guess they don't like making money. Part #'s are 825368,825369,825370. Larger new tires mean lifting fender up appox. 3 inches. Also would like 7" tri-light and all parts to install on a 2010 c5 military. Please help. Thanks

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 12:33:19 pm
Have you tried Hitchcocks?
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 04:32:06 pm
Long story short. Need stays for front fender. N field no help. Nearest dealer 150+ miles away. Contacted 3 dealers guess they don't like making money. Part #'s are 825368,825369,825370. Larger new tires mean lifting fender up appox. 3 inches. Also would like 7" tri-light and all parts to install on a 2010 c5 military. Please help. Thanks
Hi, The Tri Bar headlight reflector may be found on Ebay for a good price, search for "AJURE tripod Headlight" Enfield & Ebay vendors sell a 7" headlight ring kit. Bear in mind that some reflectors are deeper than the stock reflectors & require some reorganizing behind the light.
 I am puzzled by the fender stay issue, if your new tire sits inches taller at the top, the entire radius of your present fender may be wrong. you may need a 19" fender + mounting hardware that will fit your fork. You probably have also changed the handling characteristics of your bike.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 06:07:35 pm
Good point about the radius. Have you checked the part # for a 2012 C5 fender? It uses a 19" wheel. You could just make some mounts. The work you did on the bag mounts proves that.

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 02:35:54 am
This brings up an interesting issue. My bike is still relatively new, so I have not needed any parts yet, but when I do, where can I get them? Being used to Japanese bikes, I just went to cheapcycleparts.com or bikebandit.com and ordered them. The Nfield Gear catalog has tons of accessories and customizing parts, but where do you get stock replacement parts? Do they have to be ordered through a dealer? My closest dealer is over 100 miles away. And what if they go out of business or drop RE?
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 05:02:51 am
You can still can still call NFG, it will help if you have the part # from the book. They carry nearly everything for the newer bikes, when you call ask for Tim.
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

kingrock

• Scooter
  • 2010 c5 military/ The green Goddess
Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 11:53:00 am
NFG sent me an e-mail with the numbers I put up and said find a dealer. Hitchcock's has parts and stays are pricey and import fees a lot. I didn't try a 19 inch fender because I will be modifying the one I have. The new set of stays would be cut and used to extend current ones. A little creative welding. Ebay could be a good source but they use the commie paypal system. Back to NFG. When I bought my bike You could get 100 dollars in options. Still waiting for mine. That's a 3 year wait. Thanks NFG.