Author Topic: removable surfboard racks on the C5  (Read 3908 times)

Nixie

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 05:06:53 pm
Thats great! How does it handle with one attatched?

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 06:23:56 pm
Nice!  I've seen those on beach cruiser bikes but never on a moto.  Don't know that I'd try to cross that bridge with a board on (or any other crooswind type activities) but it's a great way to make a short run to the beach.

Scott

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 12:31:39 am
well i tried it out yesterday. got up to about 60mph, went over some bridges and there was a bit of wind. all good. its very sturdy. 1 more bungy cord will make it more secure. im just stoked i can go surfing again. i used to live right on the beach, but moved away, but i always work near beaches on the north side of sydney. its a great feeling to be using the Enfield in this way and the rack is great. just plop the board on and go. easier than tieing a board on to a roof id say!

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 12:34:29 am
well i tried it out yesterday. got up to about 60mph, went over some bridges and there was a bit of wind. all good. its very sturdy. 1 more bungy cord will make it more secure. im just stoked i can go surfing again. i used to live right on the beach, but moved away, but i always work near beaches on the north side of sydney. its a great feeling to be using the Enfield in this way and the rack is great. just plop the board on and go. easier than tieing a board on to a roof id say!

Ill loom out for a surfboard weilding Enfield fider when I'm up there Saturday picking up WB with a mate!
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 01:48:34 am
Those attached photos reminded me of a slightly modified Clint Eastwood movie.

Rather than "Any Which Way But Loose", these were "Any Which Way But Up."   ;D
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary