Author Topic: CAFE RACER ...SOLD!  (Read 4385 times)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 02:38:14 am
Sounds like India's motorcyclists are a bit more mature and responsible than most U.S. riders.

[Insert photograph of man texting on his bike while balancing his helmet in his lap on top of his toddler, with 4 more family members crammed on the seat behind him.]

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 02:48:26 am
Nobody does that on a motorcycle.  That's what mopeds are for ;)

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 03:53:11 pm
It's only money and if u have plenty to spare, why not get what works for you...Too bad the old body didn't fit with the cafe style..You're not alone in that perspective...I thought your upgrades were great and in the end someone got a super deal...Good luck with your new C5...
Oh Magoo you done it again

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 01:40:15 am
You know Wildbill, you could throw some different bars on the C5, small ape hanger type things. i hired an Enfield in India that had these. was very comfortable to ride. Like sitting in a Lazy boy chair!
im contemplating getting some.

azcatfan

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2002 Bullet ES
Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 05:52:05 am
You know Wildbill, you could throw some different bars on the C5, small ape hanger type things. i hired an Enfield in India that had these. was very comfortable to ride. Like sitting in a Lazy boy chair!
im contemplating getting some.

Those bars off of the T-Bird that is sold in India look nice too.  I'm going the other direction eventually myself, I like the flat ones, no rise-no fall...
-2002 Bullet ES Up-Jetted with Ace Air Canister and punched HD Exhaust.

My MotoVlog Channel:  http://tinyurl.com/nnso3av

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 07:02:05 am
In the mid 70's I had a pal with a 350 Ducati Dezmo - a wonderful bike. Following a rather nasty 'off' on another bike which damaged a shoulder, this guy had to ditch the rear sets and clip-ons on his Ducati in favour of standard footrests/gear change pedal/rear brake pedal, and a set of shallow riser bars.  What he ended up with was a bike that still looked amazing and went indecently fast for a 350cc single, but it was also really comfy to ride over long periods.

Maybe Enfield could offer a 'kit' to convert the GT into more of a traditional (grand) tourer. It should have everything you need to revert the foot rests and controls to a more standard posture, and what ever is required to replicate the handlebar height of e.g a G5. It puts me in mind of the kits that Hitchcock offers to convert UCE's to trail bikes / hard tails / cafe racers.

Folk might say, why not just get a G5/B5/C5? But the GT had got the more rigid twin loop frame, uprated forks, rear disk brake, a (slightly) more powerful engine, and a great looking petrol tank! I reckon that such a machine might take over the slot in the range currently occupied by the G5 (Electra). It would still leave the Classic and B5 however, as each of those models has its own adherents.

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 07:08:11 am
I'm going the other direction eventually myself, I like the flat ones, no rise-no fall...

Hey azcatfan, I've got a couple of drag bars sitting in the garage. PM me if your interested. I didn't like they way they laid out the controls, but they sure looked good!  Like a Vincent.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra