Author Topic: Scottie J's Thought Of The Day  (Read 43901 times)

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 11:05:56 pm
Maybe an old couple died while having sex...in ALL the rooms.
At least they died doing what/who they loved.  ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #31 on: May 19, 2014, 10:32:31 am
I got to thinking the other day about body modification. Most of my wife's family are right into body mods. Lots of Tatts, piercings, branding and other mutilations and a couple of gender reassignments in the extended "family". These guys are a lot of fun. I'm kind of the odd one out: I wont go for body mods and in fact am loath to lose bits of me that the rest would chop off, rip out and be done with (just spent a ton of $$ on my teeth so I could keep them a few more years. They don't get it). On the other hand, I have accumulated a lot of (not catastrophic) injuries over the years, most with a story to tell. That got me thinking about the reasons the rest of my crew get body mods, often as a reminder of some important event in their life and that my internal "mods" are significant to me for the same reason. And whether there's a market for cosmetic injuries. Could be a career in that.....
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #32 on: May 19, 2014, 12:19:35 pm
...And whether there's a market for cosmetic injuries. Could be a career in that.....

Scary to think so, but you just may be right...  :o

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #33 on: May 19, 2014, 03:10:12 pm
There is no room for suicidal thoughts on a bike......  There's too many homicidal cagers to worry about!   ;D   Seriously tho, I haven't been to a therapist in a few years now.  Still have to see the psychiatrist to keep my meds in line, but no therapists.  And why does my new apartment smell like an elderly couple died of old age while having sex in here?!  I've been trying to figure out this smell for 2 weeks, and this is the best description I can come up with.  It's not overpowering, but it's there.

Scottie J

Definitely better when someone who takes meds for psychosis stays on there meds. I had a roommate once who attacked me for failing to wash a few things that another roommate had left in the kitchen sink. He saw a psychiatrist once a week. I think his next visit he divulged his freakout and moved out a few days later, most likely on the advise of the shrink.

The smell in your apartment is probably due to fat-slap sex. I'm not talking standard run-of-the-mill fat slapping, I'm talking industrial hanging flesh slappin'. Probably has permeated the carpet and walls. There may be grounds for you to get out of your lease if the smell remains. Creepish visual, don't think I would sleep well. Well good luck with that Scottie.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: May 19, 2014, 03:33:01 pm
I can actually voice a valid opinion on this subject, being that I am covered in a tattoos and  a former body piercer and tattoo apprentice.

In my opinion there are 4 different types of people who get tattoos:
1.  People who get tattoos (or even just a single tattoo) to express who they are as individuals, generally being a tattoo/s of something or someone that they love or an activity that they love, i.e. a deceased family member, music related, car related, ect.
2.  People who WANT tattoos and can't AFFORD them and end up with some really REALLY horrible ink preformed by a "hack".  (I myself am guilty of 2 offenses in this catagory)
3.  People who are unsure with themselves as individuals.  Some people have an "identity crisis" and come to the conclusion that a tattoo will "make them cooler" or more "socially accepted".   Or, people who get a tattoo just to say they have one.  The end result is not always a bad tattoo, but generally a bad choice in tattoo, and most times ending in regrets and disappointment.  For some people, this gets way out of control and a lot of times end up being horribly disfigured with hundreds of hours of body modification and end up working for a freak show.  And I don't mean this derogatory, either, some of the "freak show people" I have met are actually really nice people.
4.  And last, people who get tattoos for the shear "shock factor".  Sometimes this ties into the last part mentioned in #3.  But there are some people out there that want, or already have, their entire bodies covered in ink, piercings, dermal implants, tongue splitting, tattooing their eyeballs, having their teeth reshaped......   All kinds of interesting and bizarre shit.  I try not to judge, and to each their own.  I support body modification, but I also believe that people should be educated in their decisions.

Scottie J

Definitely better when someone who takes meds for psychosis stays on there meds. I had a roommate once who attacked me for failing to wash a few things that another roommate had left in the kitchen sink. He saw a psychiatrist once a week. I think his next visit he divulged his freakout and moved out a few days later, most likely on the advise of the shrink.

I am a mother effing a-hole when I run out of my meds.  They are definitely a financial and life priority for me.

The smell in your apartment is probably due to fat-slap sex. I'm not talking standard run-of-the-mill fat slapping, I'm talking industrial hanging flesh slappin'. Probably has permeated the carpet and walls. There may be grounds for you to get out of your lease if the smell remains. Creepish visual, don't think I would sleep well. Well good luck with that Scottie.

That is awfully horrible and hilarious at the same time.  Bwahahahahaha!     ;D
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #35 on: May 19, 2014, 04:19:17 pm
2.  People who WANT tattoos and can't AFFORD them and end up with some really REALLY horrible ink preformed by a "hack".  (I myself am guilty of 2 offenses in this catagory)

Ok, Scottie - we wanna know... are you guilty of the former or the latter?  Did you end up with horrible ink, or were you the "hack" applying it?  Or perhaps one of each?  ;)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: May 19, 2014, 05:14:55 pm
Ok, Scottie - we wanna know... are you guilty of the former or the latter?  Did you end up with horrible ink, or were you the "hack" applying it?  Or perhaps one of each?  ;)

It's a little of both.  I started off with White Trash Hack Ink, but when I started body piercing is when I started getting quality ink.  I have a lot of skulls tattooed on myself.  I right arm is my Skul-Lage, I have a giant skull that covers the entire front side of my torso, I have a bunch of skulls and other weirdness on my legs that I tattooed myself, my left arm has some hack tribal that is old, but also the Kanji symbol for "bull shit" that I tattooed myself (verified from 2 different Asian people that bull shit "is pretty much what it says" and that it translates to "not right") and a tattoo I designed myself with 3 tribal 3's in a spider web on my elbow.  My, and everyone I meet, favorite tattoo is my "RESET" button directly behind my left ear.  I designed it myself one day while having a brain fart at the tattoo shop.  I'll try and post some pics of my favorite tattoos some time today.  :)

Scottie J

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #37 on: May 19, 2014, 07:59:43 pm
Wow, it's the one possibility I didn't think of... both at the same time - you ended up with really horrible ink, and you were the hack that applied it!  You brave, foolish man...

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: May 20, 2014, 01:05:29 am
Actually the work I did on myself is pretty good for being amateur.  It's all the crap I got done when I was in my late teens.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 01:41:37 am
I stand corrected!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #40 on: May 26, 2014, 06:26:03 am
Have Hipsters ruined cafe racing?
Cafe racers have always been cool. No argument there. Seems, though, that cafe racers are latest accessory fashion item to be adopted by the credit card cool kids. Beards, organic lattes, $600 jeans and denim vests, smoking rollies, chopping the subframe off your commuter bike, shooting a 3 min "build" video in a badly lit garage, Deus. Pipeburn is rotten with vids of pensive fops doing the "hipster weave" on fender bereft cafebratbobbercustoms on their way to the art gallery or picnic.
I heard a rumor from the east coast of gangs of hipster RE CGT owners spoiling the good reputation of this great little bike by riding badly between coffee shops. I'm waiting for the day one of them screws a Robert August longboard to an SR500. Damn, I got called a hipster the other day, just because of the bike I was riding. It's not like I'm well dressed or anything.......

Thank goodness I can take refuge in something the trend setters will NEVER co-opt: Radio controlled soaring  ;D forever hipster free.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #41 on: June 06, 2014, 02:47:57 pm
FREE RANGE CHICKENS are better for you THEY say.

What if the ranch is called FREE RANGE RANCH.  ???
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: June 06, 2014, 04:51:20 pm
I like free range chickens, but I always get charged for them.  Free my ass!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #43 on: June 07, 2014, 08:33:31 am
I'm a big fan of food that's advertised "Fat Free" or "Sugar Free". I'll eat all the free fat and sugar I can get. ;)
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: June 08, 2014, 01:05:21 pm
Holding a cut off disc with your hand while pulling the trigger is NOT the correct way to tighten the hub screw.  It hurts.  Bad.   :-\