Author Topic: Scottie J's Thought Of The Day  (Read 43913 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 04:30:30 am
I need to vent and elaborate a little bit on my new living arrangement.  As I sit here on my patio, smoking a bowl and drinking a Woodchuck praying that the hispanic kids upstairs finally stop jumping through my ceiling after listening to this nonsense for over an hour, I wonder what kind of horrific mistake the wife has made with the choice of this place.  I've talked to several neighbors over the last 3 days and most everyone is quite nice and all say this place is GHETTO "welcome to Waterfield Court".  I have a car port but I fear the Blackhawk is at risk.  I need a heavy duty bike lock.  I fucking hate this place and I'm only 3 days into a 13 month lease.  FML   :(

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 06:52:39 am
I need to vent and elaborate a little bit on my new living arrangement.  As I sit here on my patio, smoking a bowl and drinking a Woodchuck praying that the hispanic kids upstairs finally stop jumping through my ceiling after listening to this nonsense for over an hour, I wonder what kind of horrific mistake the wife has made with the choice of this place.  I've talked to several neighbors over the last 3 days and most everyone is quite nice and all say this place is GHETTO "welcome to Waterfield Court".  I have a car port but I fear the Blackhawk is at risk.  I need a heavy duty bike lock.  I fucking hate this place and I'm only 3 days into a 13 month lease.  FML   :(

Scottie J

No chance you can get out of the lease within the first few weeks?
Fly me and my bike over, my mate aswell. We will sit in your carport, rifles in hand and protect Blackhawk at night ;D
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 03:02:25 pm
Yeah, this place makes me want to get my conceal carry.  I was laying down uh bed last night and realized I still had my knife in my pocket.  I said to my wife "I guess I don't need to bring my pocket knife to bed.  On second thought, maybe I should."  On 3rd thought, maybe I should get my Bowie knife out of my camping gear.  Things can always be worse, but shit they should could be better than this place too.

I need some ideas of how to protect the Blackhawk and deter people from wanting to steal it.

Scottie J

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 05:30:19 pm
Yeah, this place makes me want to get my conceal carry.  I was laying down uh bed last night and realized I still had my knife in my pocket.  I said to my wife "I guess I don't need to bring my pocket knife to bed.  On second thought, maybe I should."  On 3rd thought, maybe I should get my Bowie knife out of my camping gear.  Things can always be worse, but shit they should could be better than this place too.

I need some ideas of how to protect the Blackhawk and deter people from wanting to steal it.

Scottie J

I would by a cover with the cable/lock. Out of sight out of mind theory.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 10:10:23 pm
Put it where you have your other bike. That you hid from the little woman.   8) ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 12:36:07 pm
<THOUGHT OF THE DAY>

The early bird catches the worm and pays the bills.  The lazy dog is always rested and ready to play.  I wish I was a flying dog.

Scottie J

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 12:46:38 pm
<THOUGHT OF THE DAY>

The early bird catches the worm and pays the bills.  The lazy dog is always rested and ready to play.  I wish I was a flying dog.

Scottie J

I wish I was a flying Enfield..

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 01:58:32 pm
     "I wish I was a flying Enfield.."
don't know why but this is the first thing that came to mind,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3PB1jWO3_E
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 04:21:51 pm
Let me take a wild guess. Hmmm............a flying Bulldog!

2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 04:31:11 pm
That is awesome Blltrdr!   ; D

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 12:19:09 am
The early bird catches the worm...

As Calvin said with a frown, "Some incentive..."

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 09:00:41 am
One of the guys on Another Forum posed the same problem today: how to protect his bike in the ghetto. One excellent suggestion was to rent a garage with other local bike riders, split the cost and share the shed.

I took my daughter to her after school activity the other day and made up a joke while I was watching.

What do prisoners do for excercise?
Crimnastics  ;D
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: May 15, 2014, 10:57:43 pm
<THOUGHT OF THE DAY>

Who needs a therapist when you own a bike?!  Road therapy is not only more effective, it's cheaper and more rewarding than sitting in an office and explaining your problems to a person who doesn't really understand anyway.  Jump in the saddle and ride your problems away!

Scottie J
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:47:15 pm by High On Octane »

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 10:51:45 am
<THOUGHT OF THE DAY>

Who needs a therapist when you own a bike?!  Road therapy is not only more effective, it's cheaper and more rewarding than sitting in an office and explaining your problems to a person who doesn't really understand anyway.  Jump in the sale and ride your problems away!

Scottie J

Im actually a massive suporter of this ideaolgy.
Before I started riding Ive always had issues with depression and sucidide but now Im the happiest Ive ever been, I get down and go for a ride, all my worries go away and STAY away!

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: May 16, 2014, 12:56:55 pm
Im actually a massive suporter of this ideaolgy.
Before I started riding Ive always had issues with depression and sucidide but now Im the happiest Ive ever been, I get down and go for a ride, all my worries go away and STAY away!

There is no room for suicidal thoughts on a bike......  There's too many homicidal cagers to worry about!   ;D   Seriously tho, I haven't been to a therapist in a few years now.  Still have to see the psychiatrist to keep my meds in line, but no therapists.  And why does my new apartment smell like an elderly couple died of old age while having sex in here?!  I've been trying to figure out this smell for 2 weeks, and this is the best description I can come up with.  It's not overpowering, but it's there.

Scottie J