Author Topic: Scottie J's Thought Of The Day  (Read 43060 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: April 30, 2014, 03:19:43 pm
As you may or may not know, I'm not like most people.  I live life a little differently, see things differently and have different points of views than the rest of society.  Mostly because of my life's motto "Life is too short to be serious all of the time."  Every day my fascinating brain conjures up thoughts and possibilities and what ifs that are...  Well, quite frankly, they are most amusing.    :D    Sometimes on an epic scale that causes me to laugh out loud to myself while I'm in my own little corner at work sanding or painting away on a car.    ;D

The problem is, I have so many random thoughts in a day that I can never really remember them all.  Sooooo, I am starting this thread as sort of a journal of my most entertaining thoughts.  But I must put say this as a foreword as to not offend anyone.  I am not racist, a bigot, a hypocrite, an Atheist or a Christian.  I AM a husband, a father, a friend, a die-hard motorcycle enthusiast, a jack of all trades and master of only auto body & paint, and at times I can be an asshole.  But mostly, I am just a fun guy that tries to see humor in everything, even the darkest of times and/or events.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete arse and I won't say things to intentionally offend anyone in times of tragedy.  I like to wait until a few months have passed until people are no longer grieving and have almost forgotten it happened.  Then I may make an attempt at shedding some laughter on the situation.  ;)  Let's face it, Mankind has turned society into a dark and grim world.  I feel as though it is my job to make people laugh from a different point of view.

Feel free to comment and join in on the fun!  :D

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:24:06 pm
Oh Scottie, my first thought when reading your post was, "Deep thoughts by Jack Handy" sorry dude, can't help myself. ;D ;D ;D
Roverman.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 03:32:17 pm
<Thought Of The Day>

I could get so much better mileage if I if I just rode "normally", I bet you in the realms 65-70mpg.  My bike has plenty of torque.  It takes little effort or throttle to get the bike up to speed in a timely manner.  But yet I find myself cracking the throttle at every stoplight, even though a quarter throttle is more than sufficient to do the job.  But what fun would that be?  I mean sure it is still fun just putting along, and sometimes I do.  But when you have gobs of Vinatge Torque idling in your fist, it's hard to NOT put it to work.  So life truly is full of decisions.  Do I get better mpg's and not fill up as often or do I enjoy the power to be had?  I will now call this trade off the MFR, Mileage to Fun Ratio.    :)

Scottie J

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 03:32:55 pm
Oh Scottie, my first thought when reading your post was, "Deep thoughts by Jack Handy" sorry dude, can't help myself. ;D ;D ;D
Roverman.

Hahahaha!  That was great!    ;D

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 04:30:08 pm
High on Octane:  You could be having a  "World According to Garp" moment ... ;D
Oh Magoo you done it again

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 06:46:43 pm
<Thought Of The Day>

I could get so much better mileage if I if I just rode "normally", I bet you in the realms 65-70mpg.  My bike has plenty of torque.  It takes little effort or throttle to get the bike up to speed in a timely manner.  But yet I find myself cracking the throttle at every stoplight, even though a quarter throttle is more than sufficient to do the job.  But what fun would that be?  I mean sure it is still fun just putting along, and sometimes I do.  But when you have gobs of Vinatge Torque idling in your fist, it's hard to NOT put it to work.  So life truly is full of decisions.  Do I get better mpg's and not fill up as often or do I enjoy the power to be had?  I will now call this trade off the MFR, Mileage to Fun Ratio.    :)

Scottie J

The Big K and how it might effect YOU

My thought about this is that sure it is fun to crack the throttle and have some fun but it should be in a manner that doesn't piss off others around you. I know bikers loathe cagers but most bikers are cagers too but we understand what it is to be a biker which gives a the upper hand as to understanding the biker mentality, whereas the majority of cagers and pedestrians do not .

My take is that if you constantly rip shit everywhere you go there will be plenty of people that are going to take offense to this. You might say, F*** them who cares, but I believe in the karma thing. Pissing people off creates negative thoughts towards you. After a while your negative thought towards you box fills up and it's just a matter of time before Karma comes a calling to even things up. So I am not saying not to have fun, do have fun, but in a way that promotes positive vibes toward you and towards bikers. Try to keep the negative karma box half full!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:50:32 pm by Blltrdr »
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:28:07 pm
I agree with you Blltrdr.  That's why I don't ride like a jerk off when there is traffic around.  I generally only really rip on her when there isn't any other traffic or people around.  Truth is I actually do more putt putt than vroom vroom.  But that doesn't stop me from grabbing a fistful when I have the road to myself.   ;)

Scottie J

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 09:12:09 pm
His karma ran over my dogma!
 :o
Home of the Fireball 535 !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 02:57:58 pm
<THOUGHT OF THE DAY>

If a man rapes a prostitute and caresses her body while doing so, and the woman decides to press charges, should the man be charged with petty theft?   

Scottie J

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 05:13:45 pm
I think if it was a business transaction and he didn't pay her afterward then that would be considered petty theft. Rape is rape no matter who it's done to. Prostitutes are peeps too! To funny, a tender rapist.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 04:08:57 am
scoTTy D's thought of the day  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KxiEjPCXA8

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 03:48:46 pm
<THOUGHT OF THE DAY>

The grass isn't always greener at the new apartment.  Literally.

Scottie J

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 04:09:07 pm
Didn't get a garage with it?  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 04:47:54 pm
I have a car port, better than nothing I guess.

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 10:40:50 pm
I have a car port, better than nothing I guess.

I have a tarp, you're doing well :p
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.