Author Topic: Philips H4 Xtreme Vision  (Read 3252 times)

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
on: April 25, 2014, 11:24:22 pm
In reading a previous post about brighter headlights for our bikes, the Philips H4 Xtreme Vision bulb was mentioned.
Am I understanding that it just pops right in and the present connectors fit right on?
Also, is it a whiter light? I picked up a pair of the LED pilot lights but they are quite bright and white. They look out of sorts with the OEM head lamp.
Thinking if I could find a brighter white head lamp I'd opt to put the LED pilot lights in too.
Any info is appreciated
:)

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 01:37:58 am
If you are in the U.S. you will need to replace the sealed beam assembly that comes stock on the bike.   After installing the 7 inch conversion kit and glass, then, you can replace the bulb with whatever will fit into the glass you install.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 04:43:25 pm
In reading a previous post about brighter headlights for our bikes, the Philips H4 Xtreme Vision bulb was mentioned.
Am I understanding that it just pops right in and the present connectors fit right on?
Also, is it a whiter light? I picked up a pair of the LED pilot lights but they are quite bright and white. They look out of sorts with the OEM head lamp.
Thinking if I could find a brighter white head lamp I'd opt to put the LED pilot lights in too.
Any info is appreciated
:)
Mine is an Adjure tripod diamond cut unit. I use a blue Xenon bulb (Ebay from China) & blue LED running lights. See Pix.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

NorEaster

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 12:34:36 am
I'm tempted to use the orange lenses but would then want to rig the wiring of the pilot lights to work with the blinkers

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 04:13:04 am
I'm tempted to use the orange lenses but would then want to rig the wiring of the pilot lights to work with the blinkers

easy to do.  the tigereyes are easy to rewire.

I like the yellow-ish light, reminiscent of a 6 volt system.  So, I run a 35/35 watt tungsten filament BPF bulb inside a heavily fluted glass lense.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

meph1st0

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:05:27 am
I have Philips Xtreme vision 60/55. It is a direct replacement for the stock bulb. It is better than stock and high beam throw is good. No it is not white light. But if you are looking for touring, a nice set of aftermarket led lights are better.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Singh_Chicago

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:40:41 pm

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 03:24:31 pm
I have this on my G5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v38uVZQQ1kA
Nice pictures. So what is it? Part #? Where did you get it and what was required to install it? Thanks.