Author Topic: Sources For The FAG Crankshaft Bearings  (Read 1957 times)

cafeman

• Grand Gearhead
on: May 08, 2014, 02:17:13 pm
Just picked up all three bearings for the crank at my local "Bearing Distributors, Inc" in Spartanburg, SC with seemingly the best pricing I've seen on the two big ticket rollers:

FAG N205.E.M1.C3 $77.55
FAG N305.E.M1.C3 $84.50

That is great pricing for top of the line bearings. Was told pricing would be good for a few months at least. And they ship. Just thought I'd pass along the info.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:40:38 pm
Thanks.
That's pretty much the same as what we sell them for too. They come to us direct from the factory warehouse, and we have been supplying these bearings since before the Fireball even became available.
That is a wholesale price.

The main difference being that we provide the tech support for proper installation, and the info on which bearings and proper clearances to select for our use, to the Enfield community membership.
I don't think Bearing Supply offers such services.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:51:36 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

cafeman

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 04:05:33 pm
Thanks.
That's pretty much the same as what we sell them for too. They come to us direct from the factory warehouse, and we have been supplying these bearings since before the Fireball even became available.
That is a wholesale price.

The main difference being that we provide the tech support for proper installation, and the info on which bearings and proper clearances to select for our use, to the Enfield community membership.
I don't think Bearing Supply offers such services.

Always good to have options  :)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 05:14:32 pm
Always good to have options  :)

Yes, I agree.
 :)

Sometimes I just like to point out this other option that some might feel have some value beyond just the actual part.
After all, if people don't choose my option for long enough, then my option will no longer be available for anything, and that reduces the options.
Just sayin'.
 ;D

solg

• Grease Monkey
  • /Users/solgualtieri/Desktop/165532_489778052839_61
Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 06:26:42 pm
Man, that was a mouthful! The options for helpful service and knowledge are fading fast. I learned long ago there is more to value than is reflective in a price tag. Mail order & the internet have a value of there own but I've yet to see them compete with the value of a local guy who knows his shuff! Especially for a moron like me!
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. FZ

dginfw

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 06:42:38 pm
Years ago I worked in sales, and one of my trainers told me "all things being equal, people will buy on price. It's your job to make things unequal in your favor: provide service and help that the others don't offer"

I think that is what Ace offers us. A depth on knowledge and service that is not often seen anymore. 
Dave in TX:   '01  W650- keeper
                    '12 C5 military -sold
                    '14 Continental GT-  sold
                    '06 Iron Barrel Bullet- Ace Clubman mods

cafeman

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 08:24:22 pm
I gotta say the respone to a simple post for a source for bearings is peculiar. I sense a touch of defensiveness? And running to the aid when no aid is needed  ;) Is there only one way to fly here? Absolutley not. Ease up a little. Some may just want a set of these bearings at good pricing where ever that may be and can take care of the rest. Certainly amazon is not the place to buy em!  Which is about the only place with prices listed.. and of course risky eBay :o
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:27:47 pm by cafeman »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 08:47:04 pm
No problem.

cafeman

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:00:20 pm
Nah. Hey, who was it that did the "leg work" and  came up with  the crazy idea that these bearings were "the ones" anyway?? And this is the thanks he gets! ;)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 09:21:52 pm
Nah. Hey, who was it that did the "leg work" and  came up with  the crazy idea that these bearings were "the ones" anyway?? And this is the thanks he gets! ;)
Yeah!
How about that!?!
 ;D

You got great bearings, and it was a good price.
They will work well in the engine, and anyone can buy from whomever they want to.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:25:23 pm by ace.cafe »

solg

• Grease Monkey
  • /Users/solgualtieri/Desktop/165532_489778052839_61
Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 12:18:43 am
I just wish they would come up with another name for them!
The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows. FZ

cafeman

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 12:48:14 am
I just wish they would come up with another name for them!
.     When I called the distributer I said "fag" about two times before I asked him how its pronounced .....maybe french dialect or something? The guy chuckled and just said the letters as spelled. Who'd a thunk! :o