Author Topic: Tail Pipe Damage  (Read 3347 times)

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 04:02:46 pm
Got mine used from a private party (even though it only had 31.5 miles on it) so no warranty.   :(  Still having fun with it and would buy another if the wife hadn't gone out and bought her sisters Yamaha..... Sure ain't gonna complain since she paid for it.   :) :) :) But I gotta put a car on it.   ;)
Hey Mr. Mike, I've noticed you mentioning a Sidecar. I'm a long time sidecar rider & fan. I don't recommend putting a hack on a UCE Enfield, for MANY REASONS. To keep it short, It wasn't specially designed as a sidecar tug. "Always get the right tool for the job" URALS are an excellent sidecar combination, they perform all their tasks well, & don't over strain brakes, frame, engine, or drivetrain. The Enfield will be more tippy & fragile. Talk to Gene owner of HOLOPAW ENFIELD/URAL if you don't believe me.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 05:00:43 pm
Thanks for the information on the EFI exhaust. It is to me the best looking Enfield exhaust I have yet seen. I was concerned about the review on the nfield gear site, but if that was a one time thing, I guess I will go ahead and get one.

I do understand the issues with loud pipes on highway trips. Several years ago I put some Vance&Hines pipes on my Vulcan 750. (v-twin) they sounded great around town, but most of my riding is done out on the highway. The drone of those pipes was very annoying, even earplugs did not help. I wound up going back to the stock system, and losing a couple hundred $$ in the process. I don't expect the EFI pipe will be anywhere near as loud as those pipes were.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 08:59:54 am
I don't expect the EFI pipe will be anywhere near as loud as those pipes were.

Not too loud. They are decent. Here's a YouTube clip our fellow member 'wildbill' posted - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaDmfvAcZYU&feature=player_detailpage#t=137s

Sounds real nice in person. You can also refer to a short audio clip of my UCE that I'm attaching with this post. This was with the baffle removed.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 09:35:10 pm
My EFI i got from the dealer worked fine. I don't know where it came from, but it sounded good, no problems with the structure, slight yellowish tinge at the front, andit ran quite well. It didn't have a removable DB reducer. The perfect amount of loud. Nobody rally noticed it but it cold still be heard a block away as a nice muffled thump. It worked well for 16,000 miles.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com