Author Topic: I Hate Cagers!  (Read 11408 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #75 on: May 03, 2014, 07:46:05 am
It can't be solved with more laws. It's already illegal.
The problem is endemic in the population because of the dumbing-down process that has been going on in schools and media for decades now.
Most people are not born this stupid. It was done to them as they grew in this society, which interfered with their  normal development.
Don't get me started on this, because it's off-topic for a motorcycle thread.

once again some good wisdom here!, its a can of worms though aye!
Here in Australia something need happen once these days before the government comes along and protects the lowest common denoms with the new laws that require everyone to do this and that, pay, get a permit etc etc. its getting outta hand. Very soon you will have to have a license and have a bicycle registered in Australia all because one moron cyclist riding on a motorway got hit.

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #76 on: May 03, 2014, 04:22:14 pm
Add to the mix, Colorado has recently legalized Marijuana. Not being judgmental here, but it's not known to increase driving skills.......
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: May 04, 2014, 01:18:09 am
That's another story craig. Personally i  think legalization is a step in the right direction.

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #78 on: May 04, 2014, 03:57:50 am
That's another story craig. Personally i  think legalization is a step in the right direction.
No argument from me. Like repealing prohibition, they got rid of the gangster bootleggers when they made booze legal. However; I have little faith the people who barely drive properly, will do better stoned. Just another distraction to add to cellphones, ipads, foods, naughty kids, that narrow our odds.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #79 on: May 04, 2014, 04:11:25 am
That is true Craig. The smart phone thing is a real issue. The whole world is just staring at small screens. in bus stops, on the street , walking, driving, Everywhere & all the time.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #80 on: May 04, 2014, 04:48:11 am
You are right Craig.  There are plenty of stupid people here and probably about half of those stupid people are driving stoned.  Being a marijuana user myself I do not condone driving impaired under the influence of any drugs or alcohol.  But I also believe that there is a difference between driving buzzed and driving fucked up and not being able too control your vehicle.  I have horrible back and knee pain and I'm on my feet all every day and use marijuana to cope with my chronic pain.  But I always plan things out so I'm not driving all messed up.  You can ask my friends, if I'm too stoned I won't go anywhere until I'm sober enough to drive.  Unfortunately there are to many morons out there that don't have this same mentality and give marijuana a bad name and of course those are the stories you always see in the news.

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #81 on: June 19, 2014, 01:17:12 am
I narrowly escaped death once more.  I was cruising down the highway at 50-55mph in the far right lane of a 2 lane exit.  Traffic was turning into bumper to bumper on the highway when all of a sudden a lady in her BMW in the left exit lane doing about 35-40mph cuts over in front of me.  No signal, no warning.  So I quickly changed lanes to the avoid rear ending her only to find a car 40' in front of me stopped.  I had no time to stop, only react, so I swung the bike hard to the left and back to the right and carved in between the stopped traffic at 50mph.  It's damn good thing I know how to ride.  Fucking people.    >:(

Scottie J

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #82 on: June 19, 2014, 10:55:31 am
  It's damn good thing I know how to ride.  Fucking people.    >:(

Scottie J

And the people in their cages stop talking on their cells for a second and were probably thinking "Look at that F-ing idiot on the motorcycle, what the hell is he doing?", then resume their conversation.......... >:(
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #83 on: June 19, 2014, 12:14:49 pm
And the people in their cages stop talking on their cells for a second and were probably thinking "Look at that F-ing idiot on the motorcycle, what the hell is he doing?", then resume their conversation.......... >:(

That was pretty much the look I got from her after I was able to REgather myself.  If I had more talent I would ride around with a bullwhip and start cracking people upside their face every time I see them on their damn cell phone.  Freaking idiots.  I'm not going to lie, there was a full 1.5 seconds that I thought to myself "This is it.  Today is the day, this is how I go."  Seriously scared the hell out of me.  I think the only time I've been more scared on a bike is when I was riding at the motocross track and overshot a table top at about 45 mph and went down real hard.  At least when that happened people stopped to make sure I was ok.

Scottie J

Scottie J

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #84 on: June 19, 2014, 05:47:16 pm
There are people who still talk on their phones? At least their faces are pointed forward. What I see these days is texting. They don't want to get caught so they keep the phone in their lap and stare at it. The usual signs are an inability to maintain their lane and speed anywhere from +- 20mph of the posted limit. You know that their text is more important than your life, right?

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #85 on: June 19, 2014, 06:39:28 pm
I had no time to stop, only react, so I swung the bike hard to the left and back to the right and carved in between the stopped traffic at 50mph. 

there's one advantage of having legal lane splitting. You are usually in a position to go between the cages.  In Cantafordia, that wouldn't even have rated any more than maybe a flipoff to the broad that pulled over into you. And that would've been a wasted effort as she most likely still didn't see you.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com