Author Topic: Upswept Silencer No Longer on C5 Classic  (Read 1515 times)

DaveB

• Scooter
on: April 12, 2014, 03:49:56 am
After about 75 miles I took off the Upswept Silencer and replaced it with the OEM Silencer on my 2013 C5 Classic Chrome. The Upswept added a little more exhaust note but I noticed decreased performance above 40mph. I noticed more vibration at speeds above 55mph and the best I could get out of the C5 was around 72mph with the Upswept. I think the UCE likes a little more back pressure than the Upswept Silencer offers or maybe I need less intake restriction to take full advantage of the less restrictive Upswept Silencer. The C5 now has almost 1300 miles and is sure running sweet. I just changed the oil and I'm using Agip 15w-50 semi synthetic.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 05:49:23 am
75 miles might not be quite enough time for the computer to relearn the new muffler.  Maybe.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Norm

• Bulleteer
  • Ride it daily for best results.
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 05:51:11 am
+1  That was my experience as well.  I was told that the computer should figure out the upswept muffler fairly quickly, but after a couple of hundred miles it was clear that it was not the case.

In retrospect I wish I had spent more time getting fasteners and wiring more secure and less time with airbox mods and filters. 
Ride like you are invisible.
Arizona