Author Topic: Out of action for awhile  (Read 1915 times)

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
on: April 28, 2014, 04:05:47 pm
Some of you may remember around 3 weeks ago when I first got my bike she kicked back and busted me ankle, well it got worse and I'm on doctors orders: No work for the rest of the week, no riding (Even though Lizzy is sick :() and no weekend activies.
Its a suspect fracture but treated as a sprain until it gets super duper xray examined.

Worst week huh? :l
Lizzy - 07 500 Deluxe ES - Red and chrome - Sold.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 04:07:18 pm
Wishing you and Lizzy a speedy recovery.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:54:47 pm
OUCH.  I've felt that sucker come up fast before but it's never got me.  I have shin-armor in my boots but I'm not sure it would help.  Brutal.

I was on crutches for a ankle-fracture and it took forever to heal.  I used the crutches for a long time... I didn't try to rush off them.  It felt like it was taking forever - Like it was never going to heal, and then all of a sudden it felt better.  You just got to hang tough until then.

Good luck. 
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 11:23:30 pm
OUCH.  I've felt that sucker come up fast before but it's never got me.  I have shin-armor in my boots but I'm not sure it would help.  Brutal.

I was on crutches for a ankle-fracture and it took forever to heal.  I used the crutches for a long time... I didn't try to rush off them.  It felt like it was taking forever - Like it was never going to heal, and then all of a sudden it felt better.  You just got to hang tough until then.

Good luck.

Yeah it happened when I was sitting and kicking so I couldn't really go anywhere  ::)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 12:40:51 am
I wish you a speedy recovery. 
Injured ankles suck.  I broke my fibula training for a fight about 6 or 7 years ago.  I was on bed rest for 2 months and took about 6 weeks of rehabilitation to get back to mostly normal.  I thought I was going to lose my mind. 

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 03:56:42 pm
Glad u okay.Low compression indeed. It hurts when they bite back but I find I usually didn't have something set up correctly or I didn't follow thru like I usually do...Makes u wonder how one starts a  higher compression bikes of days past.  High On Octane knows that drill... ;D
Oh Magoo you done it again

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 10:57:53 pm
Glad u okay.Low compression indeed. It hurts when they bite back but I find I usually didn't have something set up correctly or I didn't follow thru like I usually do...Makes u wonder how one starts a  higher compression bikes of days past.  High On Octane knows that drill... ;D

I kicked it wrong, at BDC nof TDC (or just after) and my bike sorta is a high compression...nuging 8.5:1 I recall

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 02:36:54 am
Whelp, gotta get a MRI to confirm the fracture.
So glad I can claim this through TAC instead of my private healthcare, all because it happened on a public road ;)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 12:00:15 pm
So glad I can claim this through TAC instead of my private healthcare, all because it happened on a public road ;)

Ok, so for us ignorant bastards ( ;) )... what exactly do you mean by this?

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 01:09:16 pm

Oh yeah.  The Blackhawk has bit me a few times, even worse now that I have the timing correct.  Last week she jerked my knee pretty good.  I thought that because I just rode the bike 20 minutes before that a half-hearted wimpy kick would get the job done.  I immediately regretted that decision.    :-\

Scottie J
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 11:50:29 pm
Ok, so for us ignorant bastards ( ;) )... what exactly do you mean by this?

In Australia on top of our affordable private health insurance,  free public healthcare. We have this thing called the TAC, or Traffic Accident Comission, basically when you pay motorfees and rego you are basically paying insurence aswell, so any accident in a registered vehicle on a public road, from my kick back to major airlifting near death ect. Can be claimed through the TAC who cover the entire cost.

Also more good news, is isnt fractured, only ligament and musle damage. But I may have a random bit of bone floating around! :D

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 01:26:33 am
I like the insurance part.   ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 01:35:16 am
Mr.Mazza - very progressive.  We don't believe in that sort of thing here in the US...

Glad to hear your ride hasn't injured you too badly!

Mr.Mazza

• Grand Gearhead
  • Upside down thumping
Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 02:00:34 am
Mr.Mazza - very progressive.  We don't believe in that sort of thing here in the US...

Glad to hear your ride hasn't injured you too badly!

I believe Australia is ahead in that regard.
Yep, seeing physio today to do some therapy to increase healing so im on the bike quicker ;)