Author Topic: what the  (Read 5770 times)

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #15 on: March 28, 2014, 02:21:28 pm
Happy 66 Scotty. On a high note, remember, time now will affect you less as you age. Example: When you were 20, a year was 1/20th of your life, a large percentage. Now that has dwindled down to 1/66th. See how that works?
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 07:57:09 pm
Too, Now that's getting old when you can't remember the day. Gimmie a hint will this happen to me?    :-\  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 09:55:55 pm
It will probably happen when you pull the plug...It's easy to forget the day..It's the year that u have to be concern,  :D
Oh Magoo you done it again

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 12:17:04 am
I'm beginning to think being in the "70s" is about the same as being in the "50's" was in days past.

What with the improvements in medicine helping people age longer and everything.

I recall back when I was in my teens a person over 35 was considered just about dead.

Then, when I was in my 30's I considered anyone over 60 to be beyond help.

Now that I've turned 70, 90 is looking pretty young and 100 is doable.  Maybe the people over 120 are still beyond help but I'm beginning to have some doubts about that too.

Who knows?  Doing 100 on a motorcycle at 120 sounds like a great challenge. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 02:48:27 am
ah , one never knows where they will finfd music..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foepOwQlXpI

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 05:15:33 am
I just turned 66.. how did I get here so fast?  ???

I just turned 55 today, and wondered the same thing. Seems like I was 18 just a short time ago. I definitely noticed that the older you get, the faster you seem to get older.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

sven trials

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 02:26:10 pm
Good going Olde man!!  Knock on!!

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 04:08:57 am
Seems like I was 18 just a short time ago. I definitely noticed that the older you get, the faster you seem to get older.

Explanation above by CyrusB.
For me, it's the older I get, the faster I was!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 04:14:39 am
tell me .. it seems like only yesterday I was going 176 mph on my MC..  when I questioned my sanity.. and found I was as sane as I ever was ::) :P

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 01:26:31 pm
Happy 66 Scotty. On a high note, remember, time now will affect you less as you age. Example: When you were 20, a year was 1/20th of your life, a large percentage. Now that has dwindled down to 1/66th. See how that works?

I don't want to assume anything here, but don't you mean time now will affect you More as you age?

I know that as I lived through the years from 50 to 76, each successive year disappeared faster than the previous one. I have no clue where the past 50 years went when I really think about it - it has just flown by.

Each day now is more important than the previous one because there are fewer left than I've already had & even though I feel  shitty & hurt in some way most days I have to do SOMEthing every day or it makes me nuts.

Yesterday I ScotchBrited my little black bottle RE muffler a little & then shot it with three new coats of BBQ paint over the day. A small thing, didn't hurt too much, but it was SOMEthing. Now it's all ready for when I get my engine back together which I hope my knees get through.

I'll need a walker SOME day - I can feel it coming - but it AIN'T gonna be today  :)   ;)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 01:34:40 pm
Too, Now that's getting old when you can't remember the day. Gimmie a hint will this happen to me?    :-\  ERC

Poetic license  ;) I remember well enough - Five March 1938 - Hitler was in the ascendent  :o My mom had just left England on the QM to return home so I would be born in good old Omaha Nebraska  :)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 01:39:45 pm
I just turned 66.. how did I get here so fast?

Happy Birthday, Scotty

Selfies are scary, aren't they?   ;)

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 02:01:15 pm
           I don't want to assume anything here, but don't you mean time now will affect you More as you age?

Well, thats the fun thing about math, always open to interpretation  ;D
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 04:03:55 pm
Well, thats the fun thing about math, always open to interpretation  ;D

Oh, open to interpretation like Common Core? You get credit for getting 5 out of 2 + 2 if you can "explain" it? Or that nukuler is OK if it's "local idiom"? Or that there, their & they're don't matter any more? Or that a strike the first day of school is "all about the kids"? Sorry. I don't buy it. :)

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: March 30, 2014, 08:14:47 pm
Thanks for the answer "too" I was getting worried. We'are close in age.  ;)  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.