Author Topic: India Press reporting a new 400cc UCE engine from RE  (Read 6311 times)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 01:39:33 pm
I totally agree on the Iron Barrel. But I can't ride cafe type bikes with low bars and rearsets because of knee and shoulder problems.

The vast majority of Fireballs have the standard handlebars and seating position.
Cafe riding position is not required. It makes a great all around bike, tourer, or even scrambler. The torque is wide and strong, and it will do the Ton with the standard handlebars and seating. It's basically about the same performance as an early Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1 750 twin, or any of the other typical Brit twins of that era.

I just mentioned it because you seem to have a penchant for the vintage aspects of the way things used to be, and the Fireball is the epitome of that with all the factory issues resolved and a lot more power, 75mpg at 70mph on the highway, is very well mannered and easy to ride in city traffic, and some have seen almost 50,000 miles longevity without an overhaul(so far).
And it does it with the vintage 1950s type Bullet single engine, that we upgrade the correct way to do what it does.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:55:36 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 10:44:21 pm
75mpg @ 70mph, that is serious business. Can't make that on the bullet. For an average of 70mph with tops of 80mph I get 60mpg. Off the highway the mileage is the normal 66mpg, I have to seriously drag to bring it over 70mpg.
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: March 29, 2014, 10:53:39 pm
75mpg @ 70mph, that is serious business. Can't make that on the bullet. For an average of 70mph with tops of 80mph I get 60mpg. Off the highway the mileage is the normal 66mpg, I have to seriously drag to bring it over 70mpg.

It's a very high efficiency package. It makes double the power of the stock bile without using any more fuel, runs cooler with less wasted heat, and can cruise at 75-80mph for long terms without overheating, with a Ton-Up top speed. It's not the typical Bullet, but the typical Bullet can become one.

dginfw

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: March 29, 2014, 11:01:39 pm
Ace, I'm keeping my eyes open in case I find a clean iron barrel in the area. I love the idea of a fireball as a second bike or even as a primary one.
I'd really love to see someone transplant an iron barrel  fireball 535 into the new GT. ....THAT would be the best of both worlds.
Dave in TX:   '01  W650- keeper
                    '12 C5 military -sold
                    '14 Continental GT-  sold
                    '06 Iron Barrel Bullet- Ace Clubman mods

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 11:11:40 pm
Ace, I'm keeping my eyes open in case I find a clean iron barrel in the area. I love the idea of a fireball as a second bike or even as a primary one.
I'd really love to see someone transplant an iron barrel  fireball 535 into the new GT. ....THAT would be the best of both worlds.

I'd be happy to do one for you!

The issue with the transplant is that the Iron Barrel engine has an external gearbox and primary chaincase that won't fit into the UCE frames.

However, we are working on the UCE version , as you are probably aware.

Interestingly, I just got an email today from a guy in Australia who bought two Continental GT 535 bikes there. He wants to send me the key parts and have me do some hotrodding on these two GT 535s. So it looks like we will be getting into this GT platform a little sooner than expected. This will help us with the 500 developments too.
Exciting times!

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 06:14:15 am

........Interestingly, I just got an email today from a guy in Australia who bought two Continental GT 535 bikes there. He wants to send me the key parts and have me do some hotrodding on these two GT 535s. So it looks like we will be getting into this GT platform a little sooner than expected. This will help us with the 500 developments too.
Exciting times!

Hell yeah!!!    8)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King