Author Topic: Mods by the New KId with a Cosy Rocket  (Read 2742 times)

calman28556

• Bulleteer
on: July 11, 2008, 04:32:53 am
This is probably "Old Hat" to Cozy owners but here's a couple of easy modifications I made to make life easier for me.

a.  Put a piece of shag carpet in the "honesty box" .  I no longer have to wonder what that "sliding sound" is.

b.  The amber fender marker is just too darn bright.  So, I taped off half of the inside of the fender marker and sprayed the other half (half that faces the rider) with black paint.  Works great - still have a bright fender marker; only it no longer affects my night vision.

c.  The cockpit cover was too loose and belllowed once underway (Navy term for "on the road again").  I have some of those yellow external tarp grommets laying around so after a hard fight I got two affixed to the cover.  They are about midway and using a 18" bungee which runs under the hack the cover is now tight enough to keep skitters, elephants and rain out.  (I was concerned with the rain)  Photo is in the Gallery under Interesting Tips.

Have a great day
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:42:05 pm by calman28556 »
On the Road - Again. And Again, And Again.

jest2dogs

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:51:30 am
Calman,

Some boat tonneaus use arched ribs under the canvas to aid taughtness and rain shedding. Usually of ash and set into pockets on the inwales.

Just a thought.

-Jesse, of boats and bikes (former AD3 USCG)
"Ennie" 2006 RE Bullet Classic 500 (currently undergoing a facelift)
Commuter Scooter Commuted to "Otherside"
"Geezer" 2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 750 died and reborn as yet, un-named, 2005 Moto Guzzi Breva 750,
and...the newest stablemate, also un-named, my crazy Russian 2015 Ural cT.