Author Topic: 2013 B5 thread  (Read 10530 times)

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 03:44:43 am
Dairyland/Sentry has always given me great rates. I don't know what happened here. I had a Goldwing 1500 insured minimum liability only for less than $100 a year. I had a brand new '09 Ninja 500 insured liability only for less than that, and it's a sport bike. I think it has something to do with an Enfield being such an oddball bike. Dairyland puts up to 3 bikes on one policy. They put the Enfield on the same policy as my Vulcan 750 and XT225, in place of the Suzuki GS500 I sold before I bought it. They wanted almost 5 times as much for full coverage as they did for minimum liability. By paying the loan off now, I'll save $2000 in insurance and interest.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 09:33:36 pm
After 25 years with Dairyland without a claim they basically screwed me out of my BMW K-75 when I had a small crash.  They refused to pay me the market value of the bike and instead sent photos of the crashed bike to the local BMW dealer.  He gave them the wholesale value not the retail value and they wouldn't budge from his quote.

Currently I have Progressive.  I'm not entirely happy with what they did with the cost though.
The first year they wanted $200/year for a $100k/$300k policy.  The second year they dropped the price to $150/year for the same coverage saying my no claims saved me some money.
The third year, they jacked up the price to $280/year.  No explanation for the increase and I still hadn't made any claims against the policy. 
We'll see what they try to do this year. :(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 04:10:38 pm
$134.30/yr  Geico  300K/100K  $100 deductible collision & comp.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: March 16, 2014, 08:40:51 pm
I have progressive on 3 bikes and its real pretty cheap..I suspect I just have collision as nothing newer than 2006..
Oh Magoo you done it again

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #34 on: March 16, 2014, 11:47:04 pm
...when I opened the filler cap I found the paint was peeling around the edges. Some of it fell down inside the tank. I'm hoping there is a filter in the tank to prevent debris from getting into the FI system.

This must be an ongoing issue if your new bike has it.  When I first looked at RE's in the winter of 2011-2012, all the bikes on the dealer floor had this problem.  So far, I haven't had trouble with it on my 2011.

The fuel pump has a very fine mesh filter - it would take some pretty small paint chips to get through, but you also don't want any more gunk clogging it up than "necessary"...

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: March 17, 2014, 12:32:40 am
Currently I have Progressive.  I'm not entirely happy with what they did with the cost though.
The first year they wanted $200/year for a $100k/$300k policy.  The second year they dropped the price to $150/year for the same coverage saying my no claims saved me some money.
The third year, they jacked up the price to $280/year.  No explanation for the increase and I still hadn't made any claims against the policy. 

With all The trials and tribulations I went through with them last year with my wreck, there's no way I'd go back to them ever!
My rates were about the same as yours, $188 initially, then $150 the last year. I got a quote from them for the Guzzi and that one went up to $320. I finally get it covered by Farmers for $188.
Progressive can keep their ultra liberal crap.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 03:16:19 pm
................ I have Progressive.  I'm not entirely happy with what they did with the cost though.

that would be the year Bare totalled his G5+ ......  their loss-experience calculators must not adequately account for small populations when doing statistical analysis......    That is likely why their rates are unstable.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 04:13:29 pm
Progressive - 100k individual/300k liability each accident

Enfield - 45
Hyosung - 81
Yamaha - 110
 Total Cost: 217 a year for 2 riders on the plan

Note :  Hyo and Yamaha has additional collision coverage with a 250 deductible.
Royal Enfield has no  collision and apparently not covered when insurance was purchased/Maybe that has changed by now?  .
No Medical coverage under any bikes ( My thinking at the time was to opt out as both riders have decent medical and Life Insurance coverage)

I've never had a claim and hope not too..GM
Oh Magoo you done it again

caricabasso

• Bulleteer
Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 09:51:16 pm
I went back to the dealer today, picked up the owners manual and box of spares. Also picked up a couple of oil filters. Bike still running great, but I did have a couple more issues. I filled up the gas tank for the first time, and when I opened the filler cap I found the paint was peeling around the edges. Some of it fell down inside the tank. I'm hoping there is a filter in the tank to prevent debris from getting into the FI system. I also had a turn signal bulb burn out. I tried an 1156 bulb in it, like my Japanese bike uses, it fit in the socket, but would not come on. It was also much larger than the oem bulb, and the lens would not fit. Are the oem bulbs something I can get at the local auto parts store, or are they some weird size?

Here it is the filter of gasoline together with the pump body.
It 'very large and has great filtering capacity.

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:46 pm
First oil change time. I'll be doing it on Saturday. Allowing myself plenty of time for the first one, till I see how it goes. I'm going to change it at 300, 600, 1000, and then follow the schedule in the manual. Hopefully all the metal pieces should be gone by 1000 miles. 

Also still having a loud squeal from front brake. I think it either become glazed, or something got on the disc, and contaminated the pads. Going to clean the disc with brake cleaner, also remove pads, sand them a bit, and use brake cleaner on them as well.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 10:56:34 pm by suitcasejefferson »

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: April 01, 2014, 09:31:27 pm
Totally broken in (by the book) 722 miles. Decided to wait till 1000 miles to do the next oil change. No problems so far other than the tire chewing up the tail/brake/turn signal wires.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 11:46:54 pm
suitcase - so it looks like you've settled on a bag to buckle to your seat?  What is it, and how does it work?

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 05:48:57 am
suitcase - so it looks like you've settled on a bag to buckle to your seat?  What is it, and how does it work?

Actually not yet. That is the top part of a fairly inexpensive t-bag setup I got for my Vulcan 750, from JC Whitney. I wasn't using it much because it does not fit well on top of the other part of the bag. I had it in the closet, and decided to try it. Can't put anything heavy in it the way it is, because it is only attached with 2 mini bungee cords. I may wind up going with a set of textile saddlebags. I want something removable. The leather bags from RE look good, they just don't look like something you would usually see on a vintage British bike. The lower frame rail looks like a perfect place to tie such bags to, and keep them out of the rear wheel. I mostly need a place to carry a few tools and stuff to fix flat tires, and once in a while a few other things. I don't plan on taking any trips on it long enough to require packing a lot of stuff.

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2012 C5 Bullet Classic / 2002 Iron Barrel
Reply #43 on: July 13, 2014, 04:51:52 pm
I've been searchin everywhere for a heel/toe shift lever for my 2012 C5, what part # did you find to fit that application? Did Hitchcocks or NField provide it for you?
  Thank You for any leads on one of those, R.Tillery
Some Folks Grow Old & Wise, &
Some Folks Just Grow Old.

retrolynn

• Bulleteer
Reply #44 on: July 13, 2014, 08:55:42 pm
Suitcase:My bike looks like yours,same color but with the california gas cap.Got 452 miles on it,with no problems so far. 81.7 mpg ,on last tank.My bike has the#1 windshield and wilie and max bags,which I like.The exaust pipe on mine is just a bit yellow,where it connects to the engine.Still keeping mine below 50mph,and will do the second oil change at 500 miles,with mobile1 v twin oil.
Lynn